Step by step to enable Text Collection for your custom BO
My series of Cloud Application Studio Blogs
- How to detect EditMode in an Embedded Component
- Step by step to enable your custom BO with attachment upload functionality
- Step by step to create an Adobe Print form in Cloud application Studio
- How to render PDF which displays picture from the image attachment of your custom BO
- How to get current logged on business user’s employee information and assigned organization unit via ABSL
- How to implement dynamic access control based on custom BO using OWL
- How to make Code List Restriction work when control field and restricted field are not on the same BO
- How to implement custom number range using custom business object
- Two approaches to create Code List in Cloud Studio
- Create Dynamic Code List via Custom Business Object Association
- Step by step to develop Thing Type based navigation and BO Object based navigation
- Put Extension field into embedded component and make it visible in Standard UI
- One possible cause that embedded component fails to display in UI
- Step by step to create HTML Mashup and make it visible in UI
- Step by step to enable Text Collection for your custom BO
- Automatically send an Email notification to line manager via Workflow in Account application
- Step by step to create Object Value Selector in Cloud Application Studio
1. Declare TextCollection as a dependent object of your custom BO:
2. Add the following UI component to TI view:
And Choose 10006 as text type:
Click Bind button and maintain the following binding:
In the runtime now, you could maintain the text for custom BO:
Create a web service and select TextCollection as enabled for Read Operation:
In the generated WSDL file, check the response structure to ensure that the corresponding element for TextCollection also exists there.
Now consume the read operation of created web service via SoapUI, and the text content maintained in BO header level could also be returned:
Thanks for sharing information in this wonderful blog! I tried to expose the TextCollection field in custom BO's Webservice - but it is neither appearing QueryByElements or Read Operations and could not find the same in WSDL.
I have posted my query here -
Would be of help if you can point in the right direction or answer this query please.
Appreciate your help and early response.
Thanks and Kind Regards
Sampath Kumar N
Can you please confirm for my query above regarding TextCollection and exposing in WebServices?
I have replied to your question. As far as I know it is not possible to include TextCollection into web service response structure, but it is feasible to use OData service instead.
Please check my another blog: Expose TextCollection data belonging to a Custom BO via OData service
I want to use standard Notes in my custom EC which is bound to standard Opportunity - items.
I did the binding same as standrd see below..
Is this a wrong approach?
Found the Solution.
Hi Jerry, is there anyway to detect changes like an after modify or before save script on the text collection node?
Hi How can i add multiple text with text history on custom BO?