How to configure check-in range for Visit in SAP C4C
Purpose: The Notion behind the set-up is to allow the sales rep to do the check-in for any visit within the defined range from customer location.
Example: If sales Rep is 100 m away from the customer location for his visits, then he should be able to do check in with flagship message.
1. Go to Business config–>implementation–> scoping –> select “do you want to validate user’s proximity to accounts during check -in?”
2. Go to Business config–>Open activity list–> Maintain visit check in range
Note: Add to project, if not included in project activity
3. Enter the limited range that needs to be maintained for region/country:
In below screen shot I have maintained for India: 100 m range
- Maintain latitude and longitude for account for which visit is getting created for Account: 1XXXXXX under Address tab.
Reference: I have Used below link to calculate Geo Latitude and longitude from address:
5 .Goto Settings > Company Settings > Enable Geolocation Tracking
6. Make sure system location is not blocked so that it can track the location
7. please create a visit and try doing check -in, if the range is out of maintained distance
After Check In the field “out of check -in range” got updated to YES. And A warning message is set which displays check in is done out of range.
Note: You can adapt and make the field visible in visit header
Note: There is no block as such, just that a flag would be set indicating that check in was done outside the range.
You can also refer below Notes for troubleshooting:
KBA 2696623 – Field “Out of Range Check-In” Showed as No in Visit.
KBA:2865385 – Not Possible To Have Geo Check In Range Under 100m With Error “Enter a value that is greater than or equal to 100.”
Summary: In real time Check-in time may vary with the scheduled visit time ,hence this functionality can help to check and compare the customer location and sales employee location and can give transparency that sales rep actually reached the location/nearby.
Thanks for posting. Looking forward for further topics.
Thank you Anushree for posting this blog. This is really helpful.
I have a query. Is it possible to stop sales rep to check-in if he is not in within the range ?
Check-in for visit can be done for compliance/Non compliance reasons sometimes. So for now blocking functionality is not available , as flexibility has been provided so that it doesn't stop the sales representative from further customer visit process .
This was updated by SAP as well , when we reached out to them with same query..
Will this work if we are using C4C application in andriod or IOS Application?
Is it possible to do an auto check out if the user is out of range of the account? So he does not manually check out but he is automatically checked out because he is out of range.