Please find list of blogs:
|Cloud Print Manager – Install and Configure|
|Output Management – Customize Master Form for Logo Address Tel Fax eMail|
|Output Management – Customize Content Form for Outgoing Check|
Cloud Print Manager (CPM) is a windows software that runs on a Windows PC and is used to print business docs from S4HANA Cloud (or Business ByDesign) to the printer on local network. The CPM software fetches prints jobs from the Print Queues on the S4HANA Cloud.
Currently the printing solution is only available on Windows platform. CPM has to be installed on Windows based computer (Windows 7/8/10, 32-bit/64-bit) as a Service. One CPM can handle printing to all printers like Invoice Printer, Check printer, Purchase Order printer, etc
Output Management with S/4HANA Cloud requires CPM to enable automatic transmission and printing of documents from cloud-based system to local printers.
Please find below the Architecture diagram for the SAP Cloud Print Manager.
SAP Cloud Print Manager has following features:
- Allowing login with your Business User.
- Storing documents anywhere in file directory etc.
- Cleaning up file directory.
- Resetting all Print queues to factory default.
Each of the sections below describe the software download, installation and configuration
PART 1: SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD:
In the Fiori Apps, locate tile Additional Software – Install Additional Software. You will require authorization with role SAP_BR_ADMINISTRATOR. Double click the tile.
You will get the screen below
After clicking on Download button you system will prompt for S-User id login to the SAP Service Marketplace. Please note that this user id requires download authorization. You will get screen below:
Click on the filename xCPM740SP01P_3-80000550.exe and save. This is a 32-bit application that runs on both platforms 32-but as well as 64-bit.
PART 2: SOFTWARE INSTALLATION
It is recommended to install SAP Cloud Print Manager on a central Windows Print Server on your network and should be available all the time or at least during the time printing is needed.
- Please ensure you have admin rights on the Windows computer.
- If you are printing sensitive documents please ensure only authorized users can access this folder – C:\Users\<User Name for Cloud Print Service>\AppData\Roaming\SAP\Cloud Print Manager
Locate the downloaded file xCPM740SP01P_3-80000550.exe and click on “Run as administrator” as shown:
At the first screen, Click on Next
You will get screen below like SAPGUI installation, the SAP Front End Installer, Click on Next
Keep default path C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SAP Cloud Print Manager and Click on Next
You should get message that “Installation is completed successfully”.
After installation you should have 2 icons in the app path as shown below for Windows 10:
(1) Windows Start (2) All Apps -> (3) SAP Cloud Print Manager -> (4) SAP Cloud Print Manager executable program as well as (4) SAP Cloud Print Manager Help doc.
Alternatively you can access the pdf file SapCloudPrintManagerHelp.pdf in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SAP Cloud Print Manager\. This document is also useful for latest information.
The third alternative to access this SAP Cloud Print Manager Help is shown below using menu option as shown below from the Cloud Print manager software. This opens the Help document in html format.
PART 3: CREATE PRINT QUEUE
Let us first create the Print Queue which will be needed to configure the Cloud Print Manager settings.
Select Fiori app from Group – Output Management ; – Fiori Tile – Maintain Print Queue.
You need authorization for Output Management with Catalog ID SAP_CORE_BC_OM
You should have screen below:
TIP: In the above screen please note there is always a Print Queue by name DEFAULT, but it cannot print to Cloud Print manager. The purpose of DEFAULT queue is for sending any output that does not have queue defined. Also please note that the Print Queues do not belong to a specific business user.
Now let us add New Print Queue. Click on “New” in above screen.
Please enter (1) Queue Name, (2) Description, and click on (3) New Print User
In the above screen, enter the (1) Name of print user, (2) Description and (3) Password (password must contain at least one special character) and click on (4) Create. Note down this user and password as it will be needed for the Cloud Print Manager configuration in next step. The Print User above is a Technical user and is used by Cloud Print manager to log into the Cloud system via the internet.
On the previous screen, keep format as PDF. With this setting as PDF, the Cloud Print Manager converts format to whatever is needed by Windows Printer. Click on (4) Create.
A Queue will be created as shown below:
At the bottom of this screen click on System UR that we will use in the next step to configure the cloud print manager.
PART 4: CONFIGURE CLOUD PRINT MANAGER
Start the SAP Cloud Print Manager either from path mentioned before or alternatively for routine access, click on (1) Search icon and type (2) “sap cloud print” to locate the application, select (3) SAP Cloud Print Manager and right click to select (4) “Run as Administrator”
When you start Cloud Print Manager for first time you should start it with “Run as administrator” rights, if not you will get a message below:
Next step is to enter details of Domain – here you can either enter Domain name for domain accounts or computer name for local accounts, User and Password
If everything is fine, you will get screen below, select menu option Runtime Systems, select New …
Enter details of (1) name of the system – like for e.g. STARTER, TEST or PRODUCTION system. Enter (2) url from previous step https://my300429.s4hana.ondemand.com and (3) click on Test Connection
If you get “Connection test successful”, the connection information is saved. After a few moments, CPM should automatically display all the print queues that were assigned to the print user.
In a few moments you should see the Print Queue.
TIP: If connection test is not successful and you get error shown below at this step, please confirm that firewall port is open and check the proxy server setting if it is needed. In this case, please go to menu option Help-> About and then click on Error Log to get the details of error. Log shows details below: (28.06.2017 11:34:51) *** ERROR ***  Unable to connect to the remote server WebException from GetAllPrintQueues webservice, System = SAP_Q_System ***** [GetAllPrintQueues in PrintQueueAccess.cs at line 282 ] ***** (28.06.2017 11:34:51) *** ERROR ***  Connection Test: Unable to connect to the remote server ***** [ TestThread in ConnectionTester.cs at line 239 ] ***** If the issue is not resolved please attach the error log to the ticket.
Next step is to assign the Windows Printer to a Print Queue, select the Print Queue in bottom section and Rt-Mouse Click to select Output Options … , in the dialog, checkmark Send to Printer and select the printer from popup. Click on OK.
This will change default format “PDF” to the windows printer as shown in next screen (1)
If you click on SAP Cloud Print Watcher and click on Start Service, this service starts Cloud Print Service if it aborts unexpectedly.
This completes the Cloud Print Manager configuration. If you would like to Customize the Master Form Template please follow this blog – Output Management – Customize Master Form for Logo Address Tel Fax eMail
PART 5: USEFUL INFORMATION
- One single Cloud Print Manager can connect to multiple systems like Starter, Q-System, P-System and fetch jobs from different systems. You will have to add each Runtime system separately with its own combination of WebService URL Print User and password.
- DO NOT install more than one Cloud Print Manager to poll from same Print Queue. Meaning, you should not configure CPM’s on two different Windows PCs using the same URL+ Print User combination. This will confuse the CPM. In future, the system may be able to detect this situation and prevent second config of CPM.
- One Technical Print User + URL combination basically will make all the Print Queues available on the system under that Technical Print User. So in the Cloud system, if you have 3 different Queues, with same Technical Print User, once you configure Cloud Pint Manager with the URL + Technical Print User combination, these 3 print queues are automatically available in the CPM.
- You can first print to PDF format in the Cloud system and view the pdf before printing to local printer.
- You can move documents form one Print Queue to another Print Queue.
- Print Queues do not belong to a specific business user but a Technical Print User.
S/4HANA Cloud Product Expert