A Hitchhiker’s Guide to SAP Landscape Management Cloud, Part 1: How to Start Your Journey
In this series of blog posts, I’d like to introduce the capabilities and related configurations of SAP Landscape Management Cloud. Each blog post will focus on a specific topic and will include a video to explain the scenario and required configuration steps.
From this post, you can navigate to our other articles covering in detail each of the areas of SAP Landscape Management Cloud, which are described in the overview video.
What is SAP Landscape Management Cloud?
SAP Landscape Management Cloud is a software-as-a-service solution, enabling you to manage your SAP systems running in an infrastructure-as-a-service environment to meet the ever-increasing demands on your business and optimize your resources – always keeping the SAP system in the centre.
Amongst other functionalities SAP Landscape Management Cloud provides following capabilities:
- It allows you to implement individual uptime patterns such as 10×5 for non-production environments like development systems, where the start/stop operations of the patterns are taking the specifics of the SAP systems into account.
- While evaluating the different uptime patterns SAP Landscape Management Cloud provides estimations on the future IaaS spending.
- Flexible scale in/scale out patterns stop or start applications servers and their virtual machines, which also translate to less infrastructure consumption – helping you proactively manage your budget and sustainability goals.
- Leveraging the analytics part of SAP Landscape Management Cloud, you will get insights into your IaaS costs with an SAP system-centric view across your entire SAP landscape.
You can get more information about SAP Landscape Management Cloud in this post and also in the following video, which provides an overview of the features:
What else do I need to know?
You can find additional guidance and videos in the upcoming blog posts:
- Part 2 of this series will cover the needed steps, how to set up SAP Landscape Management Cloud along with the SAP Landscape Management Cloud, Execution Engine.
- Part 3 of this series will show the needed steps, how to set up SAP Landscape Management Cloud along with the SAP Landscape Management, enterprise edition.
- Part 4 of this series will explain how you onboard your SAP systems in SAP Landscape Management Cloud to start managing them.
- Part 5 of this series will show, how to create and apply system uptime patterns as well as snoozing SAP system to reduce your IaaS spending.
- Part 6 of this series will show you in detail, how you can analyze your IaaS costs with an SAP system-centric view using SAP Landscape Management Cloud.
- Part 7 of this series will explain, how SAP Landscape Management Cloud helps you to reduce your energy consumption.
SAP Landscape Management Cloud provides you the necessary capabilities to optimize your run cost and reduce your compute-related carbon emissions.
In addition, it provides you the possibility to analyze your IaaS spending with an SAP system-centric view.
If you would like to get notified about upcoming blog posts as well as further parts of this series, please follow the tag SAP Landscape Management Cloud and / or me and ensure to activate your notifications setting.
You will also find each post of this series collected in this link, once each post is published.
In case of questions regarding SAP Landscape Management Cloud you can post them either in our Questions and Answers section or right below this blog post.