Web Channel Experience Management 3.0: Early Logon
In the previous release some customers asked if we support the “Early Logon” in the B2B-Scenario. Unfortunately there was no solution in the standard solution available and some customers have implemented this on project basis.
Now, with release 3.0 we also support the Early Logon. “Early Logon” means that the user is forced to logon right at the beginning. The user has no chance to see the product catalog, details of a single or any other page without an authentication.
Therefore the entry-page only shows the logon with the option to logon and to register. Even the Search-Field in the header is not visible as the “Search-As-You-Type-Search” already shows results in the overlay-window.
The Early Logon is rather a B2B-Feature but also in B2C there are some use cases for special shops where users have to be registered and logged on in order to really enter the shop.
How to activate the Early Logon?
The option to activate the Early Logon is available in the “User Module” in the Web Channel Builder (Section “Early Logon”).
If you activate this setting every user will be forced to logon directly also if he navigates to the shop via a bookmark of a specific page.
However there are some exception …
In the footer you can see some links which are still active. These links are relevant even before the user registers. Therefore the standard-Links customerServicePage and aboutUsPage are always displayed.
Illustration II: Web-Shop with Early Logon and standard-links in footer
In addition there is an option in Web Channel Builder to exclude also other pages from the Early Logon. For all excluded pages the user will not get forced to logon if he opens these pages.
The handling of such links is described in the blog of Oliver Kohl “Hiding UI components in an Early Logon shop depending on logon status“.
- Hiding UI components in an Early Logon shop depending on logon status
- SAP Web Channel Experience Management – Expert Blog INDEX
- SAP Web Channel Experience Management – New 3.0 Release
- What’s New in Release 3.0?
- Setup of authorization roles in WCEM 3.0
- Web Channel Experience Management WIKI
- SAP WCEM 3.0 Learning Map
- Blog: Users in Web Channel Experience Management 2.0
- Application Help: SAP WCEM 2.0 User Management
- Life Expert Session (audio link): Logon Scenarios and UserStorage System, SSO