SAP Community Global Running Day In Walldorf – Wednesday 1st June 2022
I will be taking part in the SAP Community Global Running Day, an event kick started by Phil Cooley in Melbourne. While Phil had the initial idea, DJ Adams has added an option to meet in Manchester and join Phil’s initiative. You can find their respective blog posts here + some more that have shown up too:
- SAP Community Global Running Day In Melbourne – Wednesday 1st June 2022
- SAP Community Global Running Day in Manchester – Wednesday 1st June 2022
- SAP Community Global Running Day in Mannheim – Wednesday 1st June 2022
- SAP Community Global Running Day in Philadelphia – Wednesday 1st June 2022
- Global Running Day with SAP Community – in Galway, Ireland – Wednesday 1st June 2022
In there, they explain all the stuff around the #GlobalRunningDay on 1st June 2022.
What can you do to join as part the SAP Community?
- Join the team initiated by Phil via this link.
- Optionally, join Phil in Melbourne or DJ in Manchester or me in Walldorf running together on that day. Below, I mimic Phil’s and DJ’s approach and describe when and where to meet if you happen to be near Walldorf on that day.
Meet-Up in Walldorf
You can join me on a 5.5k run through the forest, just behind SAP’s training centre (WDF05), if you want. Similar to Phil and DJ, the outline would be the following:
- When: Wed, 1st June 2022, 8:00am, starting then at 8:10.
- Where: behind WDF05, at the fountain near the “Dino Eggs” (see photo below), next to the tennis courts
- Who: whoever likes to run with us
- Pace: “We’ll go at the pace of the steadiest runner” [DJ]
The proposed route is mostly on graveled trails in the forest. We will hit the lake (Hochholzer See) around midpoint and then return back towards where we started. Find a few photos below. Maybe you can indicate via the comments section if you plan to join.