Global Running Day with SAP Community – in Galway, Ireland – Wednesday 1st June 2022
I’ve really enjoyed reading the other blog posts associated with this fantastic initiative from
Phil Cooley kicking off #GlobalRunningDay – so much so, that I’ve pledged to take part as well.
#GlobalRunningDay is celebrated all around the world on June 1st. Phil is running in Melbourne and called out for others to join him, in person or virtually from any location globally!!
Now, I must admit that I’m a hiker not a runner. At the weekends you can often find me 6 or 7 hundred metres up a hill in the wilds of Connemara (Atlantic Coast) or taking a trail in the Burren – or knee-deep in the bog accidentally testing if the new hiking boots are waterproof or not 😊. For that reason, my pledge is to walk instead of run.
Anyone else want to join me, in person or virtually? Keep scrolling for the local event details for Oranmore, Galway below – but firstly, here’s what I know so far about the global event!
- Who: All SAP Community members are welcome!
- What: Run | walk | cycle – however you prefer to get around!
- Where: Worldwide locations so far: Melbourne | Walldorf | Mannheim | Philadelphia | Manchester | and now Galway.
- When: Wednesday 1st June 2022.
- Why: To combine the great activities of catching up with SAP Community members with going for a run on #GlobalRunningDay.
Who’s going to join me in Ireland? Physically in Oranmore or virtually?
My plan is as follows:
- Start time and meeting point: 8:45am at Bella Baby – Oranmore village.
- Route: approx. 3 miles of a loop walk – takes us past “the thatch” famous village pub McDonagh’s, turning left at the Bank of Ireland then incorporating An Fuarán, the old bog road, Clochóg, turn right past Lidl and back onto the Main Street, passed the church, turn left onto Castle Road, and finally turn right to bring us to the finishing point at Thomas & Co café for a well-deserved “cuppa”.
- Views: lovely village walk, views down to Oranmore Castle and Galway Bay.
- Finishing point: Thomas & Co café (beside Tesco).
Please leave a comment, especially if you’d like to join me on the day!!
Big shout out to my team colleagues running in their hometowns.