SAP Translation Hub and SAP Product Support – an Overview of all Services
As you probably know, SAP develops machine translation of its own, and it is available to all SAP Customers and Partners via SAP Translation Hub. This tool offers a post-editing workflow, with focus on software UI, supported with translation proposals from multilingual text repository (previous translations) or machine translation. About a year ago, we also released additional APIs for our new machine translation service, Document Translation – which allows users to translate documents from different formats using machine translation.
Additionally, machine translation is embedded in some other tools and processes at SAP. We have been collaborating with SAP Product Support for some years in several different implementation projects, to make the support offering available in more languages. Let’s do a recap of the different use cases available:
- You can translate SAP Notes and KBAs into several languages: German, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian and Chinese. Besides, you can leave feedback about the machine translation quality using Qualtrics.
- Customers can translate the last answer from a Support expert in Customer Incidents into German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Chinese.
- If you start a conversation using Expert Chat, it is possible to translate the conversation in German, Spanish, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian and Chinese.
In the last months, two more use cases have joined the list:
- Translation of SAP Ariba and Fieldglass KBAs: Since we received such good feedback about the translation feature of SAP Notes and KBAs, we have extended the offering to Ariba and Fieldglass. Customers using these products can now translate the KBAs into Japanese, German, Chinese, Spanish, Russian, Korean, Italian, French and Brazilian Portuguese.
- Expert Level File Analysis: The Support Log Assistant is SAP Product Support’s next-generation self-service tool that automates the process of analyzing log files for known issues. Previously, this tool was only available in English. We are happy to announce that the Support Log Assistant external standalone client now supports German, French, Japanese, Spanish, and Chinese. Read more about it from our colleagues in SAP Product Support.
With these offerings, we continue embedding our own machine translation wherever it makes sense and offers an improved service to SAP users. You can test the several links available in this post, and you can also test SAP Translation Hub using the Free tier of SAP Business Technology Platform.
Of course, the journey doesn’t end here! Stay tuned if you want to know more about more projects. If you want to know more about SAP Translation Hub and its possibilities, you can use the links below.
Does STH work with classic SAP ECC applications developed using SAPGUI front end ?
Thanks for your question. Yes, our SAP Translation Hub service can be used to translate ABAP UI texts.
For more information, please see
or contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAP Translation Hub team