Self-Service Machine Translation for SAP Notes and Knowledge Base Articles in the SAP ONE Support Launchpad
Machine translation usage is increasing a lot at SAP and has many applications. Now, it is also becoming a reality for SAP Notes and Knowledge Base Articles in the main channel of Product Support: The SAP ONE Support Launchpad.
So now, when it comes to implementing an SAP Note or SAP Knowledge Base Article, increasing numbers of customers will be able to read the content in their native or preferred language as we introduce self-service machine translation for multiple languages, removing the language barrier for even more customers.
Features of Self-Service Machine Translation in the SAP ONE Support Launchpad:
- Immediate access to machine translated SAP Notes/SAP Knowledge Base Articles.
- Real-time, machine translation powered by SAP’s neural machine translation engines (SAP Translation Hub API) in multiple languages.
- Directly available in the SAP ONE Support Launchpad display.
How does it work?
- User accesses an SAP Note or SAP Knowledge Base Article in the ONE Support Launchpad.
- They choose the Languages tab and can select ‘Machine Translation’ for available languages (currently Japanese and Portuguese, others to follow).
- A new browser Window opens to display the machine translation with a disclaimer and information about how to submit feedback.
For more information, see:
The SAP Translation Hub machine translation API considers 25 years of SAP Terms and translation memory content and translates the entire sentence/paragraph within the correct technical and business context.
SAP Translation Hub is an application based on SAP HANA Cloud Platform. It provides developers with multilingual texts for their UIs from the GS SAP Language Services translation repository, supporting them in creating and maintaining multilingual applications.
Language pairs currently available in the SAP Translation Hub with high level of accuracy:
Where we are now?
- Japanese: Already available– Live as of Jan 11th, 2018.
- Brazilian-Portuguese: Already available– Live as of March 5th, 2018.
- English, German, Chinese-Simplified, French, Spanish, Russian, Korean, and Italian: coming soon.
- We will continue to work closely with our customers to pilot and activate additional languages over the coming months, with a view to ultimately implementing all available language pairs.
- Execute strong communication plan exploring the existing channels (SAP Support Portal, SAP Community, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) to announce this new feature to SAP Customers, Partners and Employees.