Self-Service Machine Translation for SAP Notes and Knowledge Base Articles in the SAP ONE Support Launchpad
Machine translation usage is ever increasing at SAP and is used in many applications. In 2018, it also became a reality for SAP Notes and SAP Knowledge Base Articles in the main channel of Product Support: The SAP ONE Support Launchpad.
When it comes to implementing an SAP Note or SAP Knowledge Base Articles, increasing numbers of customers will be able to read the content in their native or preferred language as we introduce self-service machine translation for multiple languages, removing language barriers for even more customers.
So far, we were only able to offer Japanese and Brazilian Portuguese; however, with technology advances, machine translated content is now also available in Spanish, Simplified Chinese, French, Italian, Russian, Korean and German. And, for those SAP Notes and SAP Knowledge Base articles written in German, there is machine translated content available in English.
Features of Self-Service Machine Translation in the SAP ONE Support Launchpad:
- Fast access to machine translated SAP Notes/SAP Knowledge Base Articles.
- Real-time machine translation powered by SAP’s neural machine translation engines (SAP Leonardo Machine Learning Foundation MT) in multiple languages.
- Available directly in the SAP ONE Support Launchpad display.
How does it work?
- User accesses an SAP Note or SAP Knowledge Base Article in the SAP ONE Support Launchpad.
- They choose the Languages tab and can select ‘Machine Translation’ for available languages
- A new browser window opens to display the machine translation with a disclaimer and information about how to submit feedback. Please note that these translations are not reviewed for accuracy and provide a general overview only.
For more information, see:
The SAP Leonardo Machine Learning Foundation MT considers 25 years of SAP Terms and translation memory content and aims to translate the entire sentence/paragraph within the correct technical and business context. Language quality has been reviewed by internal Product Support engineers as well as linguists from Globalization Services – Language Experience.
Where we are now?
- Japanese: Already available – Live as of Jan 11th, 2018.
- Brazilian-Portuguese: Already available – Live as of March 5th, 2018.
- Chinese (Simplified): Already available – Live as of October 11th 2019.
- Spanish: Already available – Live as of October 7th 2019.
- French: Already available – Live as of October 23rd, 2019.
- Italian: Already available – Live as of December 02nd, 2019.
- Russian and Korean: Already available – Live as of December 16th, 2019.
- German: Already available – Live as of March 13th, 2020.
- From German to English: Already available – Live as of May 25th, 2020.
See here a nice clip about this feature.
- Execute strong communication plan exploring the existing channels (SAP Support Portal, SAP Community, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) to announce this new feature to SAP Customers, Partners and Employees.