Tim’s To-Do List for ALM – March 2020
Tim Steuer, Vice President Application Lifecycle Management has a new to-do list for customers of ALM offerings: SAP Solution Manager 7.2, Focused Run for SAP Solution Manager, and SAP Cloud ALM. Checking Tim’s list is another step towards optimizing your intelligent enterprise. Here’s the March 2020 list:
Spring Brings Back the List
Even this morning I found myself bundled up in several layers of clothing, a scarf, and a wool cap—and that was just during the car ride to work! Tim, however, must have somehow recently caught a glimpse of a sunbeam outside. Perhaps the bitter Nordic wind gusts had forced just a second’s parting between the unending gray of the stubborn winter clouds. In any case, Tim suggested to me that spring had to be coming. In such a hopeful spirit of snow melting and flowers budding and colorful birds chirping, we might consider all the things to be done in March, whether by fluffy woodland squirrels or by informed ALM customers.
- Channel your inner archeologist. Though instead of interpreting ancient hieroglyphics, learn the new adaptations for ALM usage rights as of January 2020, and as reflected in this blog’s pictogram banner:
- Discover the SNOW Adapter developed by CONCORN and endorsed by SAP. It’s the new integration adapter for SAP Solution Manager and ServiceNow. From the overview page, you can take a tour or watch a demo.
- Get caught up with long-term maintenance news: SAP Extends Its Innovation Commitment for SAP S/4HANA, Provides Clarity and Choice on SAP Business Suite 7. Relevant for ALM customers, SAP Solution Manager 7.2 follows the SAP Business Suite 7 approach. This means SAP Solution Manager 7.2 extends its commitment for mainstream maintenance until 2027 and optional extended maintenance until 2030.
- Remember your Shakespeare and update your calendar! The premiere ALM education and networking event formerly known as SolEd shall forthwith be called SAP ALM Summit. Registration has even started in some areas! Scroll down to the different regions and check out the SAP ALM Summit links for more information.
- Stay in the loop with this SAP Customer Connection 2020 update blog. Learn how the 2020 review process started way back in 2019.
- Catch up on all that’s new to you. Here are the latest what’s-new offerings, including live events in March:
- Check out my Focused Run 2.0 for SAP Solution Manager fan-made trailer. It’s a fun starting point to familiarize yourself with the unique advantages Focused Run has to offer.
- Save the date: TechEd (Barcelona), September 29 – October 1. Registration expected to begin in late spring.
- Save the date: SAP ALM Summit 2020 (Heidelberg), October 6-9. Additional venue-specific details to be published as the start date gets closer.
- Note the change to a digital event: SAP ALM Summit 2020 (Bangalore), to take place in Q3. Consider bookmarking the link so you can check later for additional details.
- Save the date: SAP TechEd (Bangalore), December 2-4. Registration expected to begin this summer.
- Note the change to a digital event: SAP SAPPHIRE NOW | ASUG Annual Conference (Orlando), May 12-14.
- This event makes the adjustment from an in-person event to a digital experience. Check the event news and get your questions answered with the event FAQs.
- Note the change to a digital event: SAP ALM Summit 2020 (Palo Alto), April 22. Participation limited to avoid technical limitations.
- Save the date: SAP TechEd (Austin), November 3-6. Start learning about the event highlights and catch up on 2019 session materials.
- Canceled: SAP ALM Summit 2020 (Mexico City),
March 10-11.**For more information see SAP’s COVID-19 response**
- Save the date: SAP ALM Summit 2020 (Bogota), August 12-13. Registration expected to begin in late spring/early summer.