SAP Business ByDesign – SAP’s Cloud ERP for the midmarket – supports with release 1905 to build custom apps and to extend SAP standard apps using the SAP Cloud Applications Studio.
This enables customer and partners to
- Build own apps and to deploy them as tile in the SAP Business ByDesign Mobile App.
- Extend the ByD standard apps with a new app extension based on a custom business object
Prerequisite is to:
- Have a license of the SAP Cloud Applications Studio development environment installed.
- Mobile applications have to be developed in the customer system as desktop app first
- Generate mobile screens using the “Mobile HTML” Device Type
- Authorizations must be managed based on desktop work center view by assigning the device cluster
Based on this a mobile version of the extension can be further developed and deployed.
As alternative to the SAP Cloud Applications Studio it is of course also possible to use the SAP Cloud Platform Mobile SDK. Additionally you can build a freestyle app also using any development environment and consume ByD capabilities using OData.
Here you find a video which explains how to build a custom app using the SAP Cloud Applications Studio using ByD 1905:
To simplify development of new apps we have put together a solution template which will help you to learn and make the first steps. The solution template contains sample and modelling examples for mobile extensions.
To use the published solution templates you require an installed and licensed version of the SAP Cloud Application Studio along with partner development access to a SAP Business ByDesign Tenant of Tenant Type 008 on Release 1905. Here is what you need to do:
- The SAP Cloud Application Studio can be downloaded from the SAP Software Download Center.
- From this GIT repository, download the “Mobile Bulletin Board Solution Template 1905.zip” file and store it locally on your machine.
- Logon to the SAP Cloud Application Studio and connect to a 1905 tenant.
- Create a new solution based on DU Foundation.
- In SAP Cloud Application Studio, open the view “Implementation Manager” and press button “Import Solution Template”.
- Choose the ZIP file previously downloaded.
- Activate the solution.