This blog explains possible future developments and functionality which are all subject to change and may be changed by SAP at any time for any reason without notice.
SAP Business ByDesign – SAP’s Cloud ERP for the midmarket – has been providing built-in mobility and collaboration capabilities since its very early days. Examples for this are the built-in groupware integration, apps for mobile project management or self-service and approval apps which can be used either on the smartphone, tablets or on desktop devices.
Since the general availability of the new Fiori HTML5 user interface (which can be also used on tablets) and the enhanced embedded analytics on SAP HANA we are currently putting our development focus on bringing our smartphone apps to the next level.
Our strategy is as follows:
- Self-service smartphone apps like Manager Approvals, Time recording, Project to Go are available for iOS and Android and will be maintained.
- The existing ByDesign smartphone app which includes e.g. accounts, activities, expenses, reports etc. will be replaced by a new app.
- Additionally apps like Project Cockpit for tablets are available and will be maintained in the future.
Here is a demo which gives you a first glance how this might be working:
Here you get a couple of screenshots for the existing and the planned apps:
1. Mobile approvals for managers (available)
- Answer approval requests by smartphone (see new app for employees below) or desktop e.g. Time Recordings, Sales Quotes, Leave requests, Expense reports
- Send back approvals
2. Mobile analytics with KPIs and reports (planned)
- Define reports views and key performance indicators (KPIs) on e.g. customer and team key figures on the desktop and use it on smartphones
- Detail view of a KPI
- Consume reports on the smartphone
3. Account and contact management (planned)
- Track phone calls, mails, appointments, tasks, letters and faxes as Activities
- Activities are fully integrated in all business transactions, e.g. Lead, Sales Order, Service Order, Invoice.
- Usage of smartphone to create or read activity history
4. Service order and confirmation for service engineers (planned)
- Receive and confirm service orders
- See order, contact and item details
- Easy route planning using e.g. Google maps
5. Employee self services (planned)
- Personalize access to self-services from the smartphone launchpad
- Create and track expense reports
- Create and track shopping carts
- Approvals can be done by the manager either on the smartphone (see above) or on the desktop
This blog, or any related document and SAP’s strategy and possible future developments, products and or platforms directions and functionality are all subject to change and may be changed by SAP at any time for any reason without notice. The information in this blog is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality. This blog is provided without a warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. This blog is for informational purposes and may not be incorporated into a contract. SAP assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in this presentation, except if such damages were caused by SAP’s intentional or gross negligence.
All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates, and they should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions.