in this blog , We will see, How to call and use BRF plus derivation in the standardization process of MDG consolidation process.
Set up BRF plus Standardization:
Standardization normalizes and enriches the source data before the matching process. We will see how to use BRF plus rules and derivation in the standardization process.
In the Material Master Consolidation process , we derive order unit (BSTME) from the base unit of measure (MEINS) using the BRF plus derivation.-> If order unit is empty, populate the base unit of measure value into order unit field.
MDC Configuration under MDCIMG:
- In the Configure Process Model, chose material business object type (194) and drill down table list.
- Check the BRF+ is marked for the table level. Order unit is present in MARA, so MARA table should marked as BRF+ flag (If the table is not marked, we need to mark it)
- Click the “Resultant Artifacts” button and choose a Z package, and apply the BRF+ Artifacts
It generates all the BRF plus structures and functions.
- In specify process template configuration, Choose BRF adapter class “CL_MDC_ADAPTER_BRF_STD” in the standardization step.
- Click the “Define Rules using BRF plus” (as below) in the configuration node and go the BRF plus workbench
- Search MDC Application for Material, to locate the MDC Application for Material, Search using the following parameters:
Application name as “*MDC*” and Object type as “Application”.
- Once the Material BRF plus application “ZMDC_TESTING_194” (the name vary based on your Z Package) is located, Choose the function “MDC_STD_FOR_MARA_PRC”
- Edit the above function and create a new ruleset as below:
Here, put a simple derivation -> Order Unit (BSTME) = Base Unit of Measure (MEINS).
It is important that, after the derivation you have to set BOOLEAN to ‘True’ because the standard function contains the result object as Boolean, otherwise the derivation will not work in consolidation screen
Activate the ruleset and function.
MDC Consolidation Process – FIORI
Now we can see , how the BRF plus Derivation works inside the MDG Consolidation process from the Fiori.
- Create new Material Consolidation process (already the source data loaded in the consolidation source tables)
- Run the Standardization step with following parameters (BRF Plus)
3.The standardization process called BRF plus and order unit was derived (see the below screen prints)
Order unit was initially empty and new value was derived from base unit of measure.
Order Unit was derived from Base Unit :
- You can do the derivation for different fields (and different table level … like MARC) based on your customer requirements.