Configure data segregation by Territory
The territory structure is defined in the scope of Sales scenario, but can also be used as a criteria to drive Service scenarios. For example it can be used to perform ticket routing or to manage data segregation (e.g. restrict visibility of tickets or customers by country, brand, etc…)
Provided that Territory Management is active in the Tenant, sales administrators can create sales territories and organize them into hierarchies, which are used to delegate responsibility for each sales territory to the appropriate sales representatives. Sales administrators perform all associated tasks under Sales Territories.
- 1. Configure automatic assignment of customers to territory
The assignment rule table must be configured to define which customers (accounts or individual customers) should be assigned to territories and how the territory must be chosen. Once the assignment rules are configured, the assignment (realignment run) may be triggered in the following ways:
- Running the mass realignment run.
- Triggering the Derive Territory button on a specific customer.
- Creating a workflow rule that derives territory at every customer creation or save.
To configure assignment rules, perform the following activities:
- Click Sales, then choose Realignment Runs to open the Realignment Runs editor.
- Click the New tab, define the following rule:
- a. In the Select Accounts section, choose Initial to extract all accounts/individual customers or select Accounts to define a pre-filter.
- b. In the Define Rules section, select Maintain Territory Rules, and insert the list of rules that trigger assignment to each territory defined in the system and activate them from the left top button: Actions. For example in the image below, all customers with country value “Germany” and account category “Person” (individual customers), will belong to territory 176: Germany. The same applies to France, Sweden and other territories.
- c. Save the Realignment Run and close.
Option 1: Mass realignment run
Run the mass assignment job (realignment run) to perform the initial assignment to all customers. The job can be scheduled to run once, but cannot be scheduled periodically.
Option 2: Derive territory
- Select the specific Individual Customer, click the tab Actions and Derive Territory, the territory will be updated based on country.
Option 3: Configure Workflow Rules
You can assign the territory automatically also by defining WorkFlow Rules. Select Workflow Rules under Administrator work center:
- Select the tab New to define a new workflow rule. Enter Basic Data as follows, and the territory will be updated upon each save for every individual customer.
- Define Actions: select Action: derive territories.
- Activate, and Finish.
Option 4: Manual assignment of territory to customers
Users can also manually assign territory to each customer as follows: select Individual Customers under Customers work center, go to Sales Territories page, manually Add territory data.
- 2. Configure Business Roles Restricted by Territories
The last step is to configure the business roles to have restricted access to individual customers information based on assigned territories. This require to configure a business role and to assign Employees to the role and the relevant territories.
- 1. Go to General Settings page under Administrator work center, select active User Role: Service Rep Territory (which has been created for Service Representative by Territory User Role), and click Edit tab:
- 2. Select Access Restrictions page, set Read Access and/or Write Access as Restricted, and select Restriction Rule: 3 – Assigned Territores.
Add Employees to Territory
- 1. Go to Territories under Sales work center, select the territory as below:
- 2. Click Add tab to add employees to the territory:
From now on, the Employee will only see customers assigned to territories to which he is authorized. Note: if a customer has no territory, then all Employees will be able to see it.