Configuration for sending the CAD from SAP BCM to SAP CRM
Dear all, I am writing this blog just to have an over view on the configuration of the call attached data (CAD) for sending the CAD from SAP BCM to SAP CRM
This example config probably will help you to send the data captured from the customer in the IVR.
Conisder a case where the customer is calling and the we require a value and his number as call attached data
In this example i have captured the value in the variable XXX and the A number is being displayed .
In order to pass the Call Attached data from BCM to CRM we need to do follow the below provided steps
- In the BCM, open the System Configurator and in the System Configurator follow the below path.
System Configurator >System Management>Channels.
2. In the channels >Voice Channel ,see the Extra Data Settings as given below
3. In the Extra Data Settings following fields we have to fill:
- Extra Data Included When Allocating Calls :
b. Extra Data Included in Outbound Calls :
Enter a comma-separated list of field names that are sent with outbound calls, transferred calls, and consultation calls.The following fields are always automatically sent with consultation calls: FirstANumber, FirstBNumber, FirstAName, FirstBName, CALL_ID, , CallReason. The default value is (only the default fields are sent).
4. After doing the configuration in the system configurator , we have to do some configuration in the IVR also.
In the IVR We have to do the following Configuration
a. In the IVR configuration ,we can to pass the data that has been captured while the customer is online
b. In order to do that , we have to define the variables and assign the value of the fields that capture the run time values of the customers to these variables.
c. So define the a variable with no initial value .Here i have maintained variable as XXX
Always capture the data in the field element
5. In the “Filled Element” of the “Field Element “ where the customer data is being captured, you have to define the “assign” element
6. In the assign element you have to define the following fields:
- Target Variable: In this section you have to mention the variable that you have defined above (XXX)
- Value Expression: In this section you have to define the field in which your employee id is being captured.In our case it was “Field Element”.
7. For the test purpose in this example we are sending the value captured in the Variable XXX and the “A Number” as the Call Attached Data.
- Now, Before the Point where we the call is being transferred to the agent we have to define the variable and in that variable we have to provide above two values.
- In this example we had defined the variable as “My Call Attached data”. In this variable we have to define the key elements that we are going to pass as CAD to the agent Screen.
Note: Before defining the key elements, we have to check the Standard Attributes defined in the CRM system as they both have to be same. “Key Elements you have to write down where as value you will get on scrolling down”.
So, for the value in the variable XXX we have used key element as “PARTNER” in CRM and for the calling number we are using key element as “Z_TELEPHONE”.
- Now , this variable contains the two key elements that we have to pass to the agents Screen.
- In the Transfer Element , where the call is being transferred to the agent , we will define the variable.
So , when the call gets transferred to the agent , the agent gets the popoup in his CRM IC screen (provided the alert part of the crm is configured to handle the key elements forwarded from SAPBCM)