cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error trying to set database location

crazycrystal
Explorer
0 Kudos

I developed a report design using SAP Crystal Reports 2013 at my local office and it runs fine. The report connects to an ODBC data source name created based on an ODBC driver provided by the software company. Everything works fine at my office. But, when I copied the report design to the remote office where the same software/database/ODBC driver/data source name are installed (all same versions). The report errors out when I try to use the menu option "Set Database Location" to point the Data Source to the once on the remote office server at the remote site (all of this is through RDP, so it isn't like a WAN or a remotely connected database/cloud database). The errors messages show in the following sequence:

Data Object cannot be opened/accesses. [ OK ]

Database Connector Error: 'Cannot obtain error message from server." [ OK ]

So it doesn't make any changes to the location of the data source and leaves it as the same from the original server. When I look at the table properties, it shows the "Owner" value as the server name I created the report design on, not the server I moved the report too. The interesting thing is, I can create new reports on the remote server using the same data source I'm trying to change my existing report with no errors and the report runs fine. The report took me multiple hours to create as there are a lot of groupings and sub reports and tons of formulas. I don't want to have to recreate the report from scratch etc. Any ideas on a work around would be apricated.

crazycrystal
Explorer
0 Kudos

I ended up recreated the entire report and all subreports.

View Entire Topic
crazycrystal
Explorer
0 Kudos

I re-keyed the report, tool about 2 days but it's all good now. So weird how it wouldn't allow the change of the DSN with the folder the data is stored in had a "." and a "," in the name.