SAP Digital Manufacturing Integration: RFC Calls via Integration Suite: Part 1
In this post I would like to introduce a simple example of how to call a remote enabled Function Module via RFC from SAP Digital Manufacturing.
The involved components are the following (see Integration Guide):
You have completed the Setup Guide. Especially relevant is the path marked in the picture:
Cloud Integration Subaccount:
1. Select a remote enabled function module you would like to use
2. Make resource available in Cloud Connector
3. Check if Technical Integration User used for Destination <YOUR_RFC_DEST> has sufficient roles for this particular Function Module
4. Develop an integration artifact in Integration Suite
- To automatically get the structure of your Function Module it is easiest to get it from a Web Service. This Web Service does not need to be saved and is not used.
- Follow Path Utilities>More Utilities>Create Web Service>From the Function Module
- Click Through the Assistant
- Download the WSDL
- Close without saving
- Log Into Integration Suite as a Integration Developer “AuthGroup_IntegrationDeveloper”
- Go to Design Artifacts
- Create a Package
- Create a Integration Flow
- Connect Sender with Start HTTPS
- Disable CSRF Protection
- Add JSON to XML Converter
- Add Message Mapping on how to Create the Mapping
For the source use for example Source.xsd as:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xs:schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified" elementFormDefault="qualified" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xs:element name="root"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="MATNR" type="xs:string" /> </xs:sequence> </xs:complexType> </xs:element> </xs:schema>
(note: for more advanced cases with occurrence != 1..1 use minOccurs maxOccurs)
Occurrence has to match for your connections. For example:
<xs:element name="item" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded">
- For target use the wsdl you downloaded earlier.
- Connect everything up
- Create a request reply and connect it to receiver
- Put in the RFC Destination in your Cloud Integration subaccount
- Deploy artifact
Now you can call your artifact via postman under the url: https://<<your-url>>-rt.cfapps.<<your-region>>.hana.ondemand.com/http/RFC_adapter_test
Body (raw json):
Use Basic Auth with your Integration Suite user credentials.
In Part 2 of this series you will learn how to use this API in SAP DM
Thanks for reading. If you have any further questions let me know in the comments.
Relevant community resources: