SAP S/4HANA Cloud Test Automation Tool- FAQ Blog Series #2
In my previous blog, we have discussed about few FAQs on the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Test Automation Tool. In this blog, we will have a look at few more FAQs during Test Preparation in Realize Phase or prepare for regression testing for the upgrades
Today, we will discuss on the following questions-
How can I do Role Based Testing – without Changing the Standard Automate to Custom?
How can I check if SAP has changed a particular process step or action?
How can I identify if the automate is deprecated and if any new automate is delivered as part of current upgrade?
1. How can I do Role Based Testing – without Changing the Standard Automate to Custom?
- To open the app, select the Test Your Process tile-
- Test automation tool required at least one user to establish the connection to SAP Cloud Platform. To configure this user, choose User Settings.
- Select Maintain Roles-
- Choose Add User-
- It is mandatory to maintain a test user to execute test processes.
- To perform a role-based execution, maintain the name of the business role as per the best practice test script (available at each scope item within SAP Best Practice Explorer) or user defined Business Role.
- For this tutorial, in the Role field, enter BR_INTERNAL_SALES_REP and press Enter.
- In the Description field, enter Internal Sales Rep and press Enter-
- To search for the User Name or Email ID, open the input help.
- The user maintained in the field must be a user which is available in the SAP S/4HANA Cloud system.
- It is mandatory that all the required business roles are assigned to this user to be able to perform the test automation.
- The username here needs to be an active business user that can log into the SAP S/4HANA Cloud system using the same username and password.
- In the Username field, enter INTERNAL_SALES_REP and choose Go => Select INTERNAL_SALES_REP.
- The system password should be the same as the password used for logging into the S/4 HANA Cloud system.
For this tutorial, in the Password field, enter XXXXXXXX and press Enter.
- To save the user, choose Save
- The new user is created in the system. Choose SAP.
- To open the app, select the Manage Your Test Process tile.
- In the Test Processes field, enter BDG and choose the search icon.
- Choose Sales Quotation.
- To edit the test process, choose Edit
- To search for the role, open the input help.
Note: You can select a role either from the available roles or create a new role
- Select BR_INTERNAL_SALES_REP
Note: Similarly, you can assign the user roles to other process steps.
- To save the test process, choose Save.
- Choose OK.
NOTE: You have successfully updated a standard test process.
Now You can create your test plan using this process and execute that test plan.
2. How can I check if SAP has changed a particular process step or action?
In order to know if SAP has changed a particular process step or actions, please follow the below steps-
- Launch the Manage Your Test Processes application, click on Display Change History icon.
- Search with the Scope item ID or name. You could see the changes made to that particular scope item automate.
- If required please use the filter option to filter the results for Test Process/Process step changes and New/Changed/Deprecated/Unchanged.
3. How can I identify if the automate is deprecated and if any new automate is delivered as part of current upgrade?
- Please refer to the Roadmap Viewer accelerator section.
- Search for What’s New in Testing.pptx (Public) document. The document contains details on Standard Automates for SAP Best Practices and provides the details about the Deprecated/New automate that is delivered as part of the X release in SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
Find out more:
Thanks & Regards,
-Topic Expert, Expertise Services Team.