SAP Convergent Charging 2020 FPS 01 is Live
We’re delighted to announce the general availability of SAP Convergent Charging 2020 FPS 01. With SAP Convergent Charging 2020 FPS01, we persist in our ongoing UX renovation, in order to provide a best-in-class, consistent, and modern user experience to our customers through the adoption of SAP Fiori design patterns and userbility best practices. We also enhance our functionality to support broader use-cases, enhance security and compliance requirements and improve our integration with other SAP Billing & Revenue Innovation Management (BRIM) modules.
This blog provides you with the latest highlights released with SAP Convergent Charging 2020 FPS 01, as part of the SAP Billing and Revenue Innovation Management (BRIM) suite.
What’s New in SAP Convergent Charging 2020 FPS01
SECURITY AND COMPLIANCE
Part of the Sarbanes–Oxley Act (SOX) security compliance requires that users are created and activated only pre-defined validity period. Outside of this validity period (which must include a start-date and an end-date) the user is not authorized to access the system.
In the latest SAP Convergent Charging FPS01 release, we now enable users to be created with Valid-From and Valid-To dates. This enforces a time period during which the created user can access the system and outside of which they are no longer allowed to log in. We continue to support Manual locking, which can override the validity period explicitly and lock a user from the system while active.
The ability to set user validity periods for each user not only improves security SOX compliance, but it also eases integration into centralized identity management systems.
ENHANCED MAPPING TABLES
Currently, pricing specialists can define up to 20 input columns and up to 30 output columns for use in mapping tables. However some customers with evolving pricing requirements have shared use-cases where the number of fields (or columns) required to find a row of data, can exceed more than 20 variables. In order to facilitate such use-cases, we have expanded the maximum number of input columns for mapping tables from 20 to 40 columns.
With this significant expansion, pricing specialists now have more than enough flexibility built into mapping tables structure, in order to introduce more business criteria and attributes that might be used to influence different pricing options or results.
Also note that we have updated the SAP Note (SAP Note 2478958), which describes recommendations for optimal performance, to take into consideration the new enhancements to Mapping Tables.
RATE PLAN APP ENHANCEMENTS
As we previously promised, we continuously evolve the SAP Convergent Charging Fiori Rate Plan app with new features and capabilities that bring it closer to parity with the SAP Convergent Charging Core Tool.
Below is a list of some of the key enhancements to the Rate Plan App, delivered with SAP Convergent Charging 2020 FPS01:
CANCEL INTERIM CHANGES IN PRICING TREES AND CHARGED ITEM DEFINITIONS
- Easily cancel interim changes made to the Rate Plan pricing tree and charged item definition. Cancelling interim changes will restore (or re-initialize) the charged item or pricing tree back to a previously saved state.
DEFINE COUNTERS AND USE THEM IN PRICING TREES
- Use Counters to track numerical values that can impact pricing (e.g. No. of downloads, No. of Seats used, Points scored, etc.).
- Define Counters in your Rate Plan, which are shared across all Charges in the Rate Plan.
- Update the value of the Counter within your Pricing Tree.
USE RANGE TABLES IN PRICING TREES
- Range Tables allow you to manage and lookup pricing associated with ranges of values, depending on another input value/property.
- We added a new pricing component to pricing trees in Rate Plans, to look up data in Range Tables.
- Simplified the terminology for configuring and managing Range Tables, making it more user friendly.
CUSTOMIZED USE OF MAPPING AND RANGE TABLES IN PRICING TREES
- Specify mapping tables and range tables names used in pricing trees during product definition or subscription contract creation time, by leveraging dedicated parameters representing the table names.
CUT/COPY/PASTE COMPONENTS IN AND ACROSS PRICING TREES
- Improved usability of Pricing Trees, allowing pricing specialists to cut, copy, and past components, from one branch of the pricing tree to another.
- Support for standard keyboard shortcuts to Cut (Ctrl+X, Cmd+X), Copy (Ctrl+C, Cmd+C) or Paste (Ctrl+V, Cmd+V) components.
- Select and cut/copy/paste multiple pricing components simultaneously; as long as they are within the same parent node. Selecting a parent node automatically selects all its nodes and related sub-branches.
- Cut, Copy and Paste Pricing logic within the same pricing tree, or into another pricing tree opened within the same user session.
CONCATENATE STRINGS IN PRICING TREES
- Concatenate multiple properties of type String into a new string property.
INTRODUCE NEW PROPERTIES IN PRICING TREES
- New pricing component called Property Introduction to introduce multiple properties of type String, Number, or Date/Time into your pricing logic and context.
PROPERTY TYPE CONVERSION
- New pricing component called Property Type Conversion
- Convert a property from one type to another. Example:
- String to Number
- Number to String
- Date to String
- String to Date/Time
MOVE UP OR DOWN OPERATORS IN PRICING TREES
- Improved usability of pricing trees with the ability to move operators up and down the different branches of the pricing tree.
- New Icon Buttons in the toolbar to move components up and down the tree.
- You can also use keyboard shortcuts to move up (Alt-Up arrow) or move down (Alt-Down arrow)
These new features not only simplify the use and configuration of Pricing Trees, but they also expand the functional scope of Rate Plans and Charges, so more complex pricing scenarios can be configured directly from the Cockpit. With each new release, we will continue to add new Pricing Tree components to support additional business requirements and use-cases.
In addition to the features mentioned above, SAP Convergent Charging 2020 FPS 01 also introduces several key enhancements:
- Allow sending events for Shared Allowances directly from within a Charge Plan
- New Web Service Operations for:
- Grouping chargeableItemCheckCharge operations into one request, executed in “most-mode”.
- Grouping chargingContractAllowanceFind operations into one request executed in “most-mode”
- Transferring the state of a provider contract to another one, by copying counters and moving allowances
- Synchronizing all catalogs data within the system and making the rating process use up-to-date pricing data
- Various enhancements to terminology, specifically applying Inclusive Language
- Row mode support for HANA DB script creation
- Added support for MS SQL Server 2017
- And more!
SAP Convergent Charging 2020 FPS 01 has been released to customers on February 24, 2021 and is available on the SAP Software Download Center.
For more information on SAP Convergent Charging 2020 FPS 01, check out the following links:
- What’s new in SAP Convergent Charging 2020 FPS 01
- Delivery and Release Information Note (RIN) for SAP Convergent Charging 2020 FPS 01
- Product Page on SAP Help Portal
- Q&A for SAP Convergent Charging in SAP Community