The ASUG Mid Atlantic Chapter (covers Maryland, Washington, DC and Virginia) held a think tank the other week. Special thanks to SAP’s Martin Mysyk for his support.
We discussed free things you can do to move to S/4HANA:
SAP Note 2758146
This provides an overview of the most important aspects for an SAP ERP 6.x system conversion to SAP S/4HANA” (source: SAP)
1. Prepare your source ERP system
Minimum release is SAP ERP 6.x EhP 0-8 on any database. Unicode is not required for the check
SAP Readiness Check tool preparation
2. Execute the SAP Readiness Check 2.0 for SAP S/4HANA
Direct cloud upload
3. Explore the results and get ready for SAP S/4HANA
Cloud-based Fiori interface
Book an “Expert Guided Implementation” session (included in maintenance fee as of SAP Enterprise Support)
Also part of the S/4HANA Move program
Landing page:http://www.sap.com/readinesscheck (source: SAP)
S/4HANA Move Program
I learned about this last year and participated with other utilities earlier this year. In this program you meet with SAP and others to “define your strategy” to move to S/4HANA
This is a decision tree to help you map a transition plan
More suggestions from SAP from the S/4HANA Move program
As part of the output of the program you can develop a timeline for conversion with help from SAP.
Master Data Check
“As of ECC EhP8 SP12, SAP has delivered a standard Master data consistency check report that can be run pretty early in the conversion process (as part of the Preparation phase) that provides an exhaustive listing of the errors / inconsistencies in the existing customer & vendor master data records (with respect to BP data model).”
We recently updated our support packs, and noticed more involved checks take place.
- Guide Your SAP S/4HANA Project to Success – Link: https://open.sap.com/courses/s4h19 -starts this month
- Key Technical Topics in a System Conversion to SAP S/4HANA https://open.sap.com/courses/s4h14 (an updated course is planned for Q4/2020)
- Key Functional Topics in a System Conversion to SAP S/4HANA https://open.sap.com/courses/s4h15 (an updated course is planned for Q4/2020)
SAP Enterprise Support Guides – I wrote about this back in July here
SAP describes this as follows:
During the Bootcamp the S/4HANA RIG Experts will explain step-by-step how to convert an ECC system to SAP S/4HANA in 10 two-hour virtual classroom sessions. Moreover, every customer enrolled in this program will perform the system conversion activities in a dedicated SAP ERP system provided by SAP
What Bootcamp will cover:
1. Each customer to convert a single SAP provided ERP 6.0 EhP6 system to SAP S/4HANA 1909
2. Hands-on experience in the technical and functional activities for doing a system conversion
3. System access for the entire duration of the bootcamp
4. Installation and configuration of embedded SAP Fiori
5. SAP add-on handling
6. Custom code analysis and remediation
What Bootcamp will not cover:
1. Conversion of a customer specific system
2. Integration to SAP or third party systems
3. Landscape consolidation to embedded (for example from WM to embedded EWM)
Configuration of new functionality
I just finished it this past week and it was excellent. I learned so much from the SAP RIG (Regional Implementation Group) – a group of SAP Superstars.
Special thanks to Bhagya Subbareddy for telling me about this program.
Resources provided by attendees:
I forgot to include a free data quality assessment, covered in this Data to Outcome event here.
We are pleased to welcome Cailin Yates, DataXstream, of Williamsburg, Virginia, as a new volunteer. She has helped sponsor two events for our chapter, including golf events.
We thank our past chair Keith Seckman, who lead our chapter for several years, bringing unique content and always insisting that Virginia State University, an HBCU, have a presence in our chapter.
What did I miss?