The order replenishment will be used in scenarios where the system will only calculate the replenishment for materials with open warehouse request and not for other material (like planned replenishment).
Here, the replenishment will be triggered from the source bin when the existing stock in the Pick bin (from where the delivery quantity will be picked) is less than the quantity demanded in the delivery.
- The material ( that needs to be replenish) must have an open warehouse request.
- Have the fixed bin with minimum and maximum qty set.
1) Storage type setting:
Under Fixed bin storage type for picking Bin
- Keep Replenishment level as blank → STORAGE BIN LEVEL FOR FIXED BIN
- Keep ‘use for rough bin determination’ check box as Blank.
Path : SPRO→ EWM → Master Data → Storage type
2) Replenishment Control :
Path : SPRO→EWM→ Internal warehouse process → Replenishment control → Activate Replenishment strategies in storage type
- Activate Replenishment Strategies for storage type
- Check the immediate warehouse task creation indicator active.
3) Replenishment Document type and Item type:
Maintain Document/Item Categories for Replenishment Warehouse request.
Path → SPRO→EWM→ Internal warehouse process → Replenishment control → Maintain the doc/item cat for replenishment warehouse request.
4) Activate the Rough Bin Determination
Path :SPRO→EWM → Cross process setting → Warehouse task → Define warehouse process type
Activate the rough bin determination check box → During creation of warehouse request ( against outbound delivery order) the system will identify the source bin that will be used to pick the material.
Even though the rough bin do not have sufficient stock still system will display the bin information as source storage bin for picking.
If the storage bin has the qty lessen than the demanded qty in outbound delivery that the storage bin will be set for replenishment.
Product Master : Maintain minimum and maximum values in storage type data
T-code : /n/SCWM/MAT1
Bin Master record → /n/SCWM/BINMAT
Initial Stock status in the source bin ( from where the Pick bin will be replenished)
Stock in Pick bin ( the bin from where the delivery qty will be picked from)
Step 1: Create Sales order and Delivery to get open warehouse request.
Created sales order with 40 Pcs the current qty in storage bin ( pick bin) is 20 pcs.
Step 2 : Create Outbound delivery in ECC which will be distributed in EWM
T-code → /n/SCWM/ODR
Rough bin determination : Even the the storage bin (0B50-00-02) do not have sufficient stock still the system will determine the bin as rough bin from where the stock will be picked from.
Step 4: Execute Replenishment and select ‘Order based replenishment’
T-code → /n/SCWM/REPL
System will show the storage bin information that needs to be replenished along with the qty .
Note: Here, the system created two WT where first the stock move from source storage bin to Interim storage bin and then from Interim storage bin (IA71) to final pick bin .You can map the flow to move the stock directly from Source storage bin to final Pick storage bin ( avoid LOSC).
Step 5: Go to warehouse monitor to check the warehouse task created during replenishment.
Tocde→ /n/SCWM/MON → Document→ Warehouse task
Confirm the warehouse task to move the material to destination bin (Fixed bin) and check the stock status
In case the Bin qty is greater than the qty mention in fixed bin in that case we can first bring the pallet to Pick point and then create another HU to move the request qty to replenishment fixed bin.
Step 6: Now confirm the delivery qty requested, since the qty is replenished to the fixed storage bin from where the order qty needs to be picked.
Go to → /n/SCWM/MON→ Outbound → Documents → Outbound delivery order
After Confirmation of open warehouse request (ODD), the fixed bin left with total 280 pcs (original having 320 pcs)
- Order based replenishment (OBR) is used when we have an open warehouse request and the pick bin has the quantity lesser then the qty demanded in outbound delivery.
- OBR can be trigger either using batch job or manually.
- Rough bin determination functionally is required to pick the source bin (even though th stock is not available/sufficient).
- EWM checks the product master and minimum and maximum bin qty maintained , in order to execute the replenishment .
Rough Bin determination additional Link :