ASUG Utilities Special Interest Group Newsletter February 2019
After a nice break since last November, the ASUG Utilities Special Interest Group (SIG) is back with their monthly newsletters starting in February.
Welcome to Miguel Gaspar Silva as the New Head of the IBU Utilities
Please welcome Miguel Gaspar Silva as the new head of the IBU Utilities effective from February 1st. Miguel has been with SAP for 21 years, most of them exclusively dedicated to the utilities industry. For more than 10 years he has led our Utilities go-to-market strategy and execution in the EMEA and MEE regions. Miguel has been actively participating in multiple European working groups with a focus on energy and the utilities industry. Miguel holds an engineering degree and an MBA. In his global role, he will work closely with the product and development teams and integrate SAP’s ecosystem in a joint effort to deliver the intelligent enterprise for the utilities industry.
Sapphire 2019 Shaping up to be a huge utility event
The notifications have gone out to all our utility speakers and we are happy to report that we have over 30 Utility sessions this year at Sapphire. The selection committee had over 140 presentations to pick from and originally, we through we had to get it down to 10. We are very happy that due to great utility attendance in the past, ASUG has given us over 30 slots. Look for our usual HUB Spot group meeting and roundtable discussions. We will have more panel discussions on many topics this year including C/4 HANA. We also have been approved to have a ½ day networking meeting on Monday, May 6th 1-5 pm, details to follow but plan on coming in Monday, May 6th in the afternoon for our hosted event.
SAP for Utilities Day in Vancouver, BC – Highlights:
Utegration hosted the Pacific Northwest Utilities for a two day event at the SAP Labs, Vancouver, BC. We had great presentations on all the topics of the day and had over 60 people attend. Our regional get togethers continue to keep our community talking between the major events of Sapphire and SAP for Utilities and it’s a great time to get to know your neighbors. SAP showcased their end to end demo using the C/4 Suite to show a customer using commerce (includes opt in Cloud for Customer), sales, service, scheduling (new from CoreSystem), and Customer Portal to show the future of cloud based customer experience.
Customer Portal User Group Starting for SEW:
We have 14 utilities that are now participating in the customer portal SEW user group. Sue Daulton will be leading the group to talk about the utility features currently being considered by the community.
Opportunities to Influence
HANA Monthly Calls:
We have a technical group of utility SMEs that talk a monthly basis about HANA. The group is hosted by SAP’s Office of the Customer – HANA Ambassador Program and we have over 28 utilities participating from around the world. Most are Business Suite on HANA, and we have some with S/4 Simple Finance. We are very excited to see our first S/4 ISU utilities in progress with go lives this year. If you are not already participating, please let me know and we can add you to the invite.
Enterprise Asset Management
SAP Centric EAM/Supply Chain in March 18-20. https://sapeamconference.com/
- Ariba for EAM February 20th 12pm-1pm EST
- Denise Powell- EAM: How to Succeed with Your Ariba/EAM Integration
- Mobile Series Webcast #1 March 27th 12pm- 1pm EST
- Pascal Lessard-Road Map: SAP Mobile Applications for Asset Management
- IAM Series Webcast #1 April 10th 2pm-3pm EST
- Matthew Easlea-Intelligent Asset Management – Cross-Product Introduction
- Mobile Series Webcast #2 May 22nd 12pm- 1pm EST
- Karsten Hauschild-Transform Mobile Asset Management with SAP Asset Manager
- IAM Series Webcast #2 June 12th 12pm-1pm EST
- Christopher MacLuckie Intelligent Asset Management – SAP PdMS Deep-Dive
- Mobile Series Webcast #3 July 17th 12pm- 1pm EST
- Karsten Hauschild- Drive Asset Management from a Map
- Quarterly #askSAP Call February 28:
- February 13 BI: What’s New: Data Wrangling and Modeling in SAP Analytics Cloud
- February 14 BI: Empowering Business Users with Analytics On The Go
- February 19 BI: SAP Analytics Cloud for BW Customers
- February 21 BI: What’s new in SAP BI4.2 SP7
- February 26 BI: Enabling SAP Analytics Cloud for SAP BusinessObjects BI customers
- March 7 BI: What’s New in SAP BOBJ Web Intelligence 4.2 SP07
- March 26 BI: Hybrid Analytics and Analytics Hub – Latest Developments
- March 27 BI: Influence of Agility and Big Data Principles to BW/4HANA Architecture
- March 28 BI: Overview of Latest BI Features in SAP Cloud Analytics
SAP for Utilities Headline News – Industry Newsletter from SAP
Wouldn’t it be nice to receive the latest utilities-specific information and get your bi-monthly update on SAP’s newest innovations directly to your inbox? Discover best practices from SAP customers and hear about partner solutions and events. Register for the newsletter at: www.sap.com/utilities-news or contact SAPUtilitiesNews@sap.com to get a copy of the latest issue.
Customer Community new with SAP’s launch of Community Topics:
If you missed any of this year’s newsletters, we post them here. https://discuss.asug.com/community/sig_communities/utilities_industry
The ASUG Utility SIG Team.