SAP Screen Personas 3.0 SP08 now available. Now, faster and easier to build flavors
SAP Screen Personas 3.0 SP08 picks up where SP07 left off, simplifying the flavor building process and making the Slipstream Engine component even more robust. The broad adoption of the Slipstream Engine means we received much valuable customer feedback, which we integrated into the product. In addition, the many partners using SAP Screen Personas to deliver the SAP Fiori user experience to their clients pushed us to make it faster and easier for them to build flavors.
Adoption of SAP Screen Personas among SAP S/4HANA remains strong. These customers rely on SAP Screen Personas to fulfil the SAP Fiori vision of having simple, role-based screens that run on all their devices.
“SAP Screen Personas is a key part of our Fiori and user experience practice. It is a fast and easy way to translate the customer requirements we uncover in design thinking sessions into beautiful Fiori screens that run on any device.”
– Gavin Quinn, Founder, Mindset Consulting
While there are many new features (over 150 backlog items!) in SAP Screen Personas 3.0 SP08, we will discuss three big innovations in this blog:
- New editor for creating viewports
- Adaptive flavor lines that show all available flavor sizes
- Right-click in the editor
New editor for creating viewports simplifies using this powerful feature
In SP07, we introduced viewports to reduce the complexity of large screens and improve their performance by breaking the screen into smaller “virtual” screens. While the customers that implemented this feature loved it, there were others that were intimidated by the scripting involved to make it work.
For SP08, we built an editor for viewports. Now, you can create a set of linked screens to break a complex process into manageable chunks, all without opening the script editor. We hope this will make the powerful viewport feature accessible to more customers.
Adaptive flavor lines show all available flavor sizes and allow switching
Adaptive flavors have been very popular since we added this functionality, in response to your requests to run SAP Screen Personas flavors on mobile devices. Now, building a collection of adaptive flavors is even smoother.
You can see the breakpoints for each adaptive flavor, indicated by the vertical lines on the screen below. The bold line marks the flavor you are editing. You can switch to the other flavors by clicking on the adaptive flavor name at the bottom of the screen. Now, you can simplify flavors and see more easily how they will look on your various devices.
Right-click speeds flavor development
When you are performing multiple operations on the screen, every mouse click or movement takes time. We heard from some customers that were building large collections of flavors (hundreds, in some cases) that they wanted right-click access to commonly-used SAP Screen Personas functions.
We have created this new feature in SAP Screen Personas 3.0 SP08. When you select a control, your right mouse-click brings up a subset of the commands you can perform on that control. So, no more moving up to the toolbar for simple actions such as hiding or formatting a button or input field. Now, you should be able to roll out the SAP Fiori experience even faster for classic ERP screens in ECC and SAP S/4HANA.
Support runs through 2023
Here is our current support strategy for SAP Screen Personas 3.0.
- SAP Screen Personas 3.0 will be supported until at least Dec. 31, 2023. This rolling 5-year support is the same as S/4HANA. This is a minimum of five years from the release of this service pack, rounded to end of the calendar year.
- We support the current as well as the two previous Service Packs. What does this mean to you?
- SP08 will receive continuous innovation
- SP07 will get important fixes and selected down ports
- SP06 will receive emergency fixes
- SP05 and earlier will no longer be supported
SAP Screen Personas 3.0 SP8 works on a variety of systems from SAP S/4HANA to some much older versions. Specifically:
|Basis||Minimum Service Pack||Additional Notes Required?||Supported Kernels|
For SAP Screen Personas 3.0 SP08, the supported kernel releases and their corresponding minimum and recommended (as of December 7, 2018) patch levels are listed below:
Kernel release 773 –> Any patch level
Kernel release 753 –> Minimum patch level 27 –> Recommended patch level: latest available
Kernel release 749 –> Minimum patch level 400 –> Recommended patch level 400 or higher
Kernel release 745 –> Minimum patch level 600 –> Recommended patch level 600 or higher
Kernel release 742 is not supported.
Kernel release 722 –> Minimum patch level 400 –> Recommended patch level 500 or higher
See the SAP Screen Personas 3.0 SP08 Master Note 2713229 for more details and updated recommendations.
The SAP Screen Personas team is planning to drive continuous improvement
continue to enhance mobile capabilities and address the growing needs of enterprise customers that are striving to become intelligent enterprises.
Please send us your requests (via email or as a comment to this blog) for anything you would like to see in SP08 and beyond.
- Watch the Productivity Power Play video about SP08.
- Upgrade to SAP Screen Personas 3.0 SP8 (requires valid NetWeaver License).
- Take the free Introduction to SAP Screen Personas openSAP class to get a foundation for starting your project.
- Extend your knowledge with the Using SAP Screen Personas for Advanced Scenarios openSAP class to go deeper into how to use the product.
- Extend your flavors from your desktop to all your devices with our Building Mobile Applications with SAP Screen Personas
- Learn more from our knowledge base with articles on a variety of topics.
- Watch the Productivity Power Play video series for tips and tricks from the development team.