Welcome to your new Profile!
For those of you who don’t know me already, I’m the Product Owner for the Profile, deliverer of fancy features and killer of annoying bugs.
Some months ago I asked you to help us test the new profile experience and now I can proudly say that:
WE ARE LIVE! 🙂 *fireworks* *champagne* *hurrayhurray*
Let me be the first to welcome you to your new Profile and give a little bit of a tour around the house that my team built for you over the past few months. 🙂
As I already explained in the blog above, the whole thing started with enormous research to go through all the feedback that you provided over the years. Even though people think that building a profile is not rocket science, we always spot the devil in the details about how SAP and its Community are slightly different from other companies and social media. So what you asked for is what you get. You’ll find some links to the requests in the list below. 🙂
Everything. 😛 Seriously: apart from the new features and the design revamp, we revisited a lot of the previous functionality to make it more usable. The complete profile got restructured as well, since the previous settings vs. what is really public was not always easy to understand.
Lets go one by one:
You can use the dashboard to have important things at your fingertips and customized to your interests by adding/removing and reordering your widgets, such as:
- latest people who started to follow you – follow them back and have a conversation about fun topics you are both interested in!
- your pending content – finish your drafts or see if a moderator asked to do some changes
- your content stats – quality over quantity, but you asked for this in our latest testing session. I assume we still love to see how much content we create, right? 😉
- your reputation status – see what new missions you can earn and what you already have
- your followed content (from latest testing session) – see what new questions are open and blogs have been posted in the topics you are interested in so you can engage and help other fellow Community members to solve their problems
Account & Settings
- upgraded the short bio to be looong
- added more info, e.g. phone number and email address
- new role icons for Mentors Alumni, Technology Ambassadors and inactive users
- Work History and Education history – to tell more about yourself. Though we don’t want you to type in your whole life again – LinkedIn import option coming soon!
- we revamped the linked Profile cards to be more compact
- the favorite topic of 2018: Privacy! Apart from making your profile public, you now have full control over what details you want to share with others.
- we will launch bookmarks again soon as it was one of the most demanded things since the previous launch
- you will be able to add/remove/edit your bookmarks and their titles
- tag them with different labels to organize them into groups
- mark them to be shown on your Dashboard so you always have the ones you need frequently at your fingertips
- and don’t worry, you don’t need to start from scratch 🙂 All your previous bookmarks from SCN will be there!
- see all your comments you ever made to find old content you engaged with
- see ALL your content – even if it is not published yet. Manage your drafts or content under moderation from a single place.
- ability to search within all of your content (title, full text, tags…etc)
- additional sorting and filtering for published date, tags, answered/unanswered questions
Following and Connections
- manage all your interests in a single place – see what tags and content you follow and unfollow if you are shifting your focus on another topic
- contact your followers and un/follow them instantly from your Connections list or from other people’s profiles
- see an overview of your reputation via the Snapshot – karma credits, blogger role, badges, legacy SCN points, all at one glance!
- show off your achievements – select up to 5 badges to your showcase that you are the most proud of to highlight them in various places, such as profile cards, public overview…etc.
- we moved the list of available and earned missions to your profile to its rightful place
- to come soon: reputation history – see how your reputation changed over time
- apart from having more stuff to share about yourself we introduced a (big) business card-like Overview for the public profile, so people can get a quick image of who you are and what you do – while leaving the option to know more by visiting the details of content, connections or your reputation.
So that’s it (for now 😉 ). I’m going to close the related Improvement Requests in Customer Influence (previously IdeaPlace) in the upcoming days. Let me know what you think in the comments section below and keep your eyes open for even more fun stuff going around on your Profile and Community! 🙂
Peace and love,