SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 00 What’s New: Installation and Update – by the SAP HANA Academy
In the upcoming weeks, we will be posting new videos to the SAP HANA Academy to show new features and functionality introduced with SAP HANA 2.0 Support Package Stack (SPS) 00.
The topic of this blog is Installation and Update.
For the full SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 00 blog list, see
For those familiar with installing the SAP HANA server, there is some good news: the SAP HANA Server Installation and Update Guide is almost the same as the one for SAP HANA 1.0 SPS 12. In other words, the whole installation and update process is the same, so if you are familiar with this task you will no problem installing the HANA server.
Both the SAP HANA Master Update Guide and the SAP HANA Technical Operations Manual are no longer included in the documentation set, the contents have been added to the Master Guide, section Updating an SAP HANA System Landscape and the section Operating SAP HANA.
New is the SAP HANA Cockpit Installation and Update Guide and the SAP Web IDE for SAP HANA – Installation and Upgrade Guide, topics which will be addressed in a separate tutorial video.
SAP HANA Platform Lifecycle Management in SAP HANA Cockpit
The SAP HANA database lifecycle manager (HDBLCM) Web user interface is included in the new SAP HANA cockpit but unlike the cockpit is still hosted on the SAP HANA server itself, as before, by the SAP host agent. The URL format has not changed:
Two new tiles have been added:
- Upload/Extract Components
The Upload/Extract Components app allows you to upload files to the HANA server, or extract archives that are already on the HANA server, saving you the trouble to connect to the host with a terminal session to extract the file with SAPCAR, or connect to the host with FTP to upload a file. This is a great timesaver as typically in production landscapes the HANA server might not be directly connected to the SAP SoftWare Download Center (SWDC) so some staging is required.
Another time saver is that to remove certain components like Dynamic Tiering, in the past two steps were required: 1) remove the host role and 2) remove the component. This has now been simplified: when you uninstall a component, the host role is removed automatically.
Supported Operating Systems
SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 00 is supported on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 12 SP1 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7.2.
The SAP HANA database lifecycle manager now performs a check to verify this condition is fulfilled.
For more information about operating system support, see the notes section below.
On the SAP HANA Academy, there is a full playlist covering all aspects of installation and update: bit.ly/SAPHANAIU
For more information see:
- SAP HANA Security on sap.com
SAP Help Portal
- Updating an SAP HANA System Landscape (Master Guide)
- Operating SAP HANA (Master Guide)
- SAP HANA Server Installation and Update Guide
- SAP HANA Cockpit Installation and Update Guide
- SAP Web IDE for SAP HANA – Installation and Upgrade Guide
- SAP HANA Platform Lifecycle Management (Administration Guide)
- Upload and Extract SAP HANA Components Using the Web User Interface
- Product Availability Matrix SAP HANA, platform edition 2.0
- 2380257 – SAP HANA Platform 2.0 SPS 00 Release Note
- 2380291 – SAP HANA 2.0 Cockpit Central Release Note
- 2378962 – SAP HANA 2.0 Revision and Maintenance Strategy
- 2235581 – SAP HANA: Supported Operating Systems
Thank you for watching
The SAP HANA Academy provides technical enablement, implementation and adoption support for customers and partners with 1000’s of free tutorial videos.
For the full library, see SAP HANA Academy Library – by the SAP HANA Academy
For the full list of blogs, see Blog Posts – by the SAP HANA Academy
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel for updates
- Join us on LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/saphanaacademy
- Follow us on Twitter: @saphanaacademy
- Google+: plus.google.com/+saphanaacademy
- Facebook: facebook.com/saphanaacademy