Intercompany integration solution for SAP Business One – Central Blog (updated July 8 2019)
In this blog, I would like to keep you updated about the Intercompany integration solution for SAP Business One, providing you an easy and central entry point to all relevant and up-to-date information. I work in the solution management for SAP Business One and manage the Intercompany integration solution.
Most recent updates:
On 8th of July, we delivered PL33, for its content see overview SAP Note 2809071.
For other enhancements please see the Top ReSolutions for Intercompany Integration Solution, such as:
- With PL32, Intercompany integration on a new basis: B1iF 2.0 and completion of the localization for India.
- PL31, overview SAP Note 2741669, brought many functional enhancements, such as
- 2741716 – Introduction of Purchase Quotation to Sales Quotation cycle in Intercompany Trade
- 2741731 – Enhancement in document exchange cycle related to direct creation of firm marketing document
- 2741732 – “Adj. Trans. (Period 13)” of Journal Entry is available for replication
- 2742847 – Incoming payment to Outgoing payment for account type transactions
- 2742848 – Replication support of properties available on Planning Data tab of Item master data
- iIportant improvement for SAP HANA customers: Avoidance of deadlocks and significant performance improvement through a split up of the stored procedure, see SAP Note 2743003. IAll ICO customers with SAP HANA DB want to improve performance should update as soon as possible.
- In May 2018 we delivered compatibility with the Multiple Branches function, see this blog for details.
- In November 2018 we enhanced this by additional function as described in SAP Note 2719279 – Allocation enhancement for multi branch enabled companies. Find also a video here: Intercompany Integration Solution and Multiple Branches – Setup and Cost Allocation
This proven SAP add-on is key to streamline intercompany activities with SAP Business One. It is a unique option for companies with multiple business units or subsidiaries that run the SAP Business One and need intercompany integration capabilities.
Our solution is very successful in more than 65 countries and nearly eighthundred satisfied customers. The solution is very mature and is constantly being further developed, closely integrated into the development and maintenance process of SAP Business One core and the integration framework to be functional and technically always up to date. This guarantees our customers absolute investment security.
The solution is on the SAP Business One Reseller Pricelist. For private cloud deployments, an additional subscription-based licensing model is available since Q2 2017.
Find some explanation of the pricing model in this blog. Basically, Intercompany, as a native and strong add-on, significantly extends/upgrades the functionality and the benefits of SAP Business One overall. For example, each master data record or transaction exchanged via ICO, is fully available for the whole SAP Business One functions and for all users. That’s why the price of ICO is tied to the number of users of the SAP Business One core functions (licensed users). There’s simply no concept in ICO on “intercompany users” since the functional upgrade and benefits do not only exist for individual users. For details, please consult a SAP Partner.
Series of enhancements and plans for 2019
The number of customers and users grows at an above-average rate. We have therefore made significant further investments in the solution.
To make the solution easier and better usable, more functional, as well as to gain very significant performance/throughput increase, we delivered some highly relevant changes since H1 2017, both on the side of the integration framework and the intercompany integration solution.
Existing customers benefit significantly from increased performance/throughput, stability, enhanced or rounded functionality, new installations are much easier and faster.
See the Top ReSolutions for Intercompany Integration Solution to see all details.
Based on general requirements, our product strategy, and market feedback we constantly improve and refine the solution. For currently planned 2019 deliveries, see page #19 in the road map for SAP Business One and this SAP Business One’s Integration Hub – Central Blog.
Requirement/DRQ process for Intercompany
We follow the SAP-wide process of customer influence. In the SAP Business One session, intercompany topics are also dealt with, look up HERE all Improvement Requests (IRs) related to intercompany. Customers and partners are very welcome to vote for existing IRs or to place their own ideas there. For general info see this blog.
The integration solution offers the following features to corporate groups:
- Share common business data
- Support of standardized business processes across companies
- Transparency over operations across the group incl. financial consolidation
- Control and collaboration beyond company borders
Here you can find some further public information:
Informative Fact Sheets:
- Solution Overview
- Centralized Payment
- Financial Consolidation
- Intercompany Allocation
- Intercompany Trade
- Intercompany Reporting
- Master Data Replication
Comprehensive Blog content:
- Configuring key mapping
- Master data replication and content sharing across partner companies
- Financial Consolidation
- Intercompany trade between partner companies
- How to setup service operations across landscape
- Allocation of Income and Expenses across partner companies
- Global Data Authorization and Alert Administration
- Managing the intercompany landscape
- Global Intercompany Reporting
- Delegation of Vendor payments to partner companies
- SAP Help Portal: Intercompany integration solution for SAP Business One.
- YouTube features these Intercompany Videos (recently added customer stories: Grandluxe, SYSGO AG, Stommpy, and Fortune International
Some more info on the Intercompany integration solution (s-user required):
About localization: The solution is localized for 31 countries, see the Administrator’s Guide, section Localized Countries. For any need beyond current localizations, see SAP Note 2154976.
Actually the integration solution is currently used in over 65 countries. Support for Central Mena Localization is under review currently.
Downloading the software: SAP Partners and customers find patches for upgrade or direct installation in SAP Business One Software Download Center -> SAP Business One -> SAP Business One Products -> B1 Intercompany Integration -> B1 Intercompany Integration 2.0.
Due to the technical nature of the integration solution software content, you can use patch files both for fresh installations and for updating existing installations. This also applies to potentially offered Hotfix files.
Useful SAP Notes:
- SAP Note 1844555, “Troubleshooting in the intercompany integration solution” (also features information about versions, compatibility, and performance optimization)
- SAP Note 2267770 Patch Delivery Schedule for components related to SAP Business One – Find release dates for Patches
- SAP Notes 2137844/2123592 on Browser compatibility of the Intercompany Administration Console. Using latest Google Chrome or Microsoft Internet Explorer version is required
Training resources: For SAP Partners, there’s “Additional Training for SAP Business One – Intercompany Integration Solution 2.0 for SAP Business One” available on PartnerEdge.
Check also the 2019` Implementation and Operations Manual document.
SAP Community: Blogs and Questions & Answers
Please use this tag to see Q&A: the intercompany integration solution for SAP Business One, follow the tag and raise or answer questions. Find here.any content on intercompany tag, incl. Blogs.
In SAP Community, the intercompany team tries to clarify your questions asap and give you the best possible assistance.
Best regards, Peter
Picture above: The new Intercompany Solution Cockpit as delivered in PL23. This cockpit makes the system easy to operate from one single screen and significantly improves the overall handling, monitoring, and troubleshooting, as well as allowing reactive and proactive actions.
Picture above: Setup screen, Template Configuration.