In continuation to the previous document for Configuring Singapore Year End statements on ESS, the below document has been created to highlight the steps required to configure year end statement – T4 for Canada on ESS.
T4 form is the year-end form for Canada which is used to report the amount paid to the employees and the statutory deductions that have been withheld from the employees over the given tax year during the course of his / her employment with the organization.
The tax year for Canada begins from January 1 to December 31.
In order to configure year end statements on ESS, below are the steps that need to be taken care of. Detailed configuration will be shared in the later section.
- Webdynpro components– Ensure the required ESS applications have been activated
- Features– Configure the country specific feature in line with client requirements (if required)
- Payroll results exist for the given year
- Year-end reports have been executed for the given year in live run and ESS feature is ON using the run-viewer. In case this box is not checked in the report, the form will not be displayed on the portal.
- User id exists for the given employee, i.e., there is a valid record in the IT0105 (communications) subtype 0001 (System user name (SY-UNAME). (For testing purposes, assign the test user id to the required eligible employee)
Below are the package details that are being used to enable ESS services. Ensure that these services are active. The package and details can be checked via t-code SE80 to call ABAP development workbench.
Webdynpro Application Configuration
Web Dynpro Application
Tcode SICF can be used to check if the services are active or not.
For some of the clients, the form may be displayed just by activating the above services and ensuring other pre-requisites are being taken care of. However, in some cases, the form may still not be displayed even after the ‘ESS On’ checkbox has been marked. Changes were provided via Note 2095767 in order to resolve the same. However SAP has come up with an alternate where Variant can be customized. In such cases, the additional solution is to implement the note 2166547#, which involves creation of feature – 07TXF for maintaining variant for tax form re-print on ESS.
# Details of the note can be checked via marketplace
Below feature may need to be configured for Canada, if activating the ESS services do not produce the required results. As shared in the above section, this can be done by implementing the note 2166547
- 07TXF – Maintain variant for tax form re-print on ESS
The given feature uses RPCYERK1 report to fetch values. Create a custom variant suiting your requirements and use that variant as the return value.
Execute country year-end report at backend as per BAU process (RPCYERK0); uncheck the box for test run to update the cluster.
Once all the steps have been taken care of and the report has been executed in live run (test run unchecked), go to ‘run viewer’ and ensure the run number is marked as ‘View on ESS’
In case this box (marked in red) is not checked in the report, the form will not be displayed on the portal.
TESTING ESS SERVICE
T Code – SE80. Select the given package and the corresponding application configuration. Right click on the application configuration and click on test to view the output.