Top 5 Reasons to go to SAPPHIRE (for metals, forest products, textile, mining, building materials)
Yes time flies and now is the time again to register for SAPPHIRE and start planning our time to make the most of the networking, information and access to a wide range of experts on-site.
Let me give you a short list of the top 5 sessions that will help you decide you or your team needs to be at SAPHIRE and also start to plan which sessions are most important.
1. Figure out your next step with Cloud
Hear Richard Davis, the head of Applications at Steel company AM/NS Calvert discuss the business and IT benefits of moving to the cloud. Learn why this large steel company is taking its data center and its SAP applications to a virtual private cloud. Hear about other cloud migrations involving the implementation of SuccessFactors HR solutions and the use of SAP BusinessObjects BI solutions to improve sales.
Richard has worked with SAP for many years and has amassed a wide range of knowledge across many SAP topics and industries. He will be available to talk after his session and also at our Meet our Customers area by appointment.
- SAPPHIRE Session IN20699, Tuesday 2:30-2:50
2. Talk to companies doing predictive maintenance
Learn how Mohawk, the world’s leading flooring manufacturer, uses SAP HANA and predictive analytics in the “Predictive Maintenance” program to increase product quality by improving its manufacturing process parameters, including many millions of sensor data readings. Also learn about SAP’s related customer co-innovation program.
- ASUG Session BI747, Tuesday 3:00-4:00
- SAPPHIRE Session IN20712, Wednesday 5:00-5:45
In addition to predictive maintenance Mohawk is also a true leader in many technology innovation areas. Talk to Mohawk after either of their sessions at ASUG and SAPPHIRE.
3. Excite your users, transform their SAP experience with Fiori apps.
The user interface is increasingly important to encouraging users to embrace new processes and technologies. In this session you can discussion with experts how mining companies have energized their users and transformed their opinion of SAP through the use of standard and custom Fiori applications. More importantly travel with them on the journey from defining their business challenges, to building their new to-be processes. Learn about the pitfalls and common mistakes, and share the successes.
- SAPPHIRE Session MI2281, Tuesday 12:30-1:30
4. Prepare for your next move on Transportation Management
Transportation Management is an important cost and time consuming topic for most Mill Products and Mining companies.
They want to have:
- Increased on-time deliveries
- Faster shipment planning, lower costs, and more
- Reduction in hundredweight costs
- Efficient carrier selection and multistop
- High user acceptance and satisfaction
Come listen to Charlotte Pipe – a trusted manufacturer of plumbing systems since 1901. When Charlotte Pipe decided to deploy SAP TM 9.1 it started an initiative to replace long-standing legacy applications which helped run their business for a long time. Looking for standard software and processes, Charlotte Pipe engaged SAP Partner Novigo to deploy the solution.
- ASUG Session SC1919, Wednesday 2:30-3:30
5. Build your case for getting budget to start a project using Internet of Things
The Internet of Things (IoT) supports tremendous change for mining, metals and other Mill Products industry segments. These highly complex industries must navigate remote and sometimes hazardous global operations, far-flung supply chains, and the turmoil of price and demand volatility. The IoT is opening opportunities for mining and metals companies to pursue visibility, safety, and efficiency like never before.
You can find out more at SAPPHIRE. Below are just a few of the sessions dedicated to IoT.
- Take advantage of the Internet of Things and of the new analytical and predictive capabilities that result from the integration of smart data from various devices. Use the SAP HANA database to make the most of real-time data that spans both operational technology and information technology areas throughout the enterprise.
- SAPPHIRE Session IN20709, Wednesday 1:30-1:50 or Thursday 4:30-4:50
- Use smart glasses and other wearables to improve the performance of people doing important hands-on work. Find out how your company can benefit from using Smart Glasses, APX Skylight, the SAP Work Manager mobile app, and more.
- SAPPHIRE Session IN20709, Tuesday 11:30-11:50 or Wednesday 2:30-2:50