Creating An Add-On Registration Data (ARD) file in SAP B1
I have gone through several threads that points out a problem in creating the ARD File for your developed application. I would like to share some points and thoughts that are as per my knowledge and experience, in creation of ARD File. Hope it will be helpful in some ways.
- Once you are done with your application (finished the code), try to build your application in ‘Debug’ and ‘x86’ or ‘Release’ and ‘x86’ Mode. This will facilitate your add-on to be compatible with both 32 and 64 bit system.
- Copy the output path of your application that will be something like this : C:\Users\ankit\Desktop\Add-On\Service_Contract\bin\x86\Release (If you have build your application in ‘Release & ‘x86′ Mode’) and C:\Users\ankit\Desktop\Add-On\Service_Contract\bin\x86\Debug(If you have build your application in ‘Debug& ‘x86′ Mode’)
- Open Microsoft Visual Studio, click New->Project->Select Visual Basic From Other Languages->Select B1AddOnInstallerNET1.Wizard (This option will be available when B1DE (Business One Development Environment) is installed in your system) and click next.
- A wizard will appear enter the required detail like Add-On Name, Version, Installation time etc and click next.
- A wizard will open named as AddOn needed files. Click on ‘Application Exe File’ and paste the application outpath path you had copied in step 2.
- If your solution doesn’t contain DIAPI uncheck the Needs DIAPI checkbox. And Click ‘Finish’ button.
- Now your new project for generating ARD is developed automatically. It can be referred as ‘Add-On Installer’.
- This newly developed project should be compiled as ‘Release’ and ‘X86’.
- Open the output path (Bin Folder) of this newly developed project and paste all files in the Bin Folder of your application to this newly developed project’s Bin folder..
- Copy the address of output path (Bin Folder) of this newly developed project.
- Go to C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One SDK\Tools\AddOnRegDataGen\AddOnRegDataGen.exe
- A wizard will appear, enter the required details such as Partner Info, Add-On Info.
- One important thing to note in Install Info section enter the EXE file your application, while in Uninstall Info section, enter the installer exe file.
- After entering all info, click on ‘Generate File’, if all goes well, your ARD File will be generated in the installer’s Bin Folder.
Hope I am not missing any point. But still if something is missing, please make me correct.
Hope it is helpful….
Thanks & Regards