SAP BusinessObjects Analysis Office 1.3 – Upload data into Workspace as Transient provider
1. Launch AO 1.3 and Open the excel file containing the data to be uploaded.
2. Select the data range.
3. Click on Upload button in the DataSource ribbon.
4. Connect to the specific BW system.
5. Select a Workspace where the Transient Provider needs to be created.
6. AO automatically recognizes the column headers as Dimensions/Measures and also detects the corresponding datatypes.
7. Technical name has a default namespace @3 followed by set prefix (defined in Workspace).
8. We can modify the Technical Name, select the measures and change the datatype as we see fit.
9. We can also choose if we just need to create the transient provider or to insert it in current sheet or in a new worksheet.
10. Now a transient provider is created in BW system using a simple Excel data. We can perform all Analysis actions on this datasource, just like how we do it on any BW Query.