SAP for Chemicals Discussions
Ignite conversations about maximizing efficiency, enhancing safety, and innovating in the chemicals industry with SAP. Start a discussion today.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP S/4HANA for Product Compliance: How to set up "triggers" for Volume/Mass regulatory limits?

Paulo_Pinto
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello dear community.

I have a challenge that needs to be solved:

Some substances may have volume or mass regulatory limits regarding its business transactions, i.e., my customer is licensed to sell only 1000 kg per year of a certain regulated substance. This is a type of regulatory limit for this substance, albeit company-specific (other companies may have different amount values to which they have to comply).

Is it possible, in SAP S/4HANA for Product Compliance, to set up a stop sales "trigger", regarding this type of regulatory limit? Or does it have to be set up from other SAP functionality?

Many thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor

HI @Paulo_Pinto,

In the classic scenario - which is still working under S/4HANA - Substance Volume Tracking can do this for you: Track the substance amounts and then block sales orders and deliveries. See the answer from @MarkoLange.

And this functionality will come in the new "S/4HANA for product compliance" as well.... it is just not fully there yet to my knowledge... 

Were you able to get the substance volume tracking to work in "S/4HANA for product compliance"?

Best

Mark

MarkoLange
Advisor
Advisor

Yes this is possible. The functionality is called substance volume tracking. With that you can define various compliance scenarios in parallel. Within those scenarios you define which substances, which Thresholds and which transactions shall be monitored. All depending on the regualtion the sceario is set-up for. Most important in that context are REACH and TSCA but I know customers that do it for more than adozen pf regulations world-wide. Quite powerful and highly recommended.