DevOps and System Administration Discussions
Dive into SAP DevOps and system administration. Join discussions to collaborate on optimizing workflows, share knowledge, and leverage resources effectively.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Register TCP/IP Program at OS Level in SAP: XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_PID Command Not Found

inventrax
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am facing an issue while attempting to register a TCP/IP program at the OS level, following the steps outlined in SAP Note 353597. The specific command I'm using is: <PROGRAM> -a <PID> -g <HOST> -x <SERVICE>.

i.e XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_PID -a 40487 -g example.sap.com -x sapgw01.

I have executed this command from the directory /usr/sap/SID/HDB/exe, where the program is expected to reside, but I am encountering the error "XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_PID: command not found." The screenshot of the error is attached below.

According to my understanding, this command should be available in the /usr/sap/SID/HDB/exe directory. However, it seems that the system is unable to locate the executable.
I have checked the directory, and it contains other SAP executables, but the specific XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_PID command is not found. I have also followed the steps in the referenced SAP Note 353597 carefully.
Could you kindly guide me on how to resolve this issue? Am I missing any specific steps or configurations? Your assistance is highly appreciated.
Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

inventrax
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to register the program using the following command:

spsadm@example:/usr/sap/S4H/SYS/exe/uc/linuxx86_64> rfcexec -aXI_IDOC_DEFAULT_PID -gexample.sap.com -xsapgw01

-sh: rfcexec: command not found

I recieve the error message rfcexec: command not found

prithvirajr
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Please go through below mentioned sap notes, hope they help.

1906868 - "Transaction program not registered" error occurred for IDOC_AAE

1989478 - IDoc_AAE Program XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_PID not registered

Regards,

Prithviraj