Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP S4 Hana Workflow Input Data with extra letters

AJeB
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,
I watched an old tutorial about sending email using workflow. and I noticed that in input variable before inputting the username he always put a word US which means User.

do you have links/documentation for that I don't know why need to put US before username ? the creator of video didn't explain where to get that

see sample below

AJeB_1-1714397433181.png

3 REPLIES 3

suresh_subramanian2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

US is the object relationship like O(organization), S(position), C(job).

In your case, US should have been concatenated with SAP user id and should have been written into the container G_EMPLOYEE using CONCATENATION statement or chaining operator(&&)/string template( | | ).

Normally, this is done to deliver the notification/work item to user inbox.

AJeB
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks for the idea, so if for sample i am using Organization i need to concatenate the the O before the organization like this sample result-> Oorgname am i right?

but how did you check it or where you read the details about this object relation US, O etc? do you have links or blogs that i can read ?
thanks,

0 Kudos

The details of object relationship can be found in tables like HRP1001(field OTYPE).

No need to concatenate O with organization ids. If you want the notification/work item to be sent to all in an organization, assign the organization id by choosing "Organization" in agent part of mail/activity step.

If only to specific users in an organization, notification/work item to be sent, find their user ids based on their position id/ personnel number and concatenate 'US' to it and assign in agent part of mail/activity step type.