Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhance Maintenance view with standard functions

gerrit_meyer4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello SAP experts,

it is quite easy to generate a table maintenance in SE11 via table maintenance generator. Unfortunately in the generated view there are just standard buttons like select all and deselect all etc. But there are no standard buttons like sort, filter etc. as it would be provided in ALV. Is there an easy way to add these standard buttons without implementing it from scratch?

Kind Regards and thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are tons of information about this online. Google -> "SM30 custom buttons site:sap.com" is just one example. There is a wiki page about the maintenance view events and other stuff. Just search in Google.

Keep in mind though that maintenance view is just a table control and not ALV. If you need something decent consider an editable ALV instead.

6 REPLIES 6

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are tons of information about this online. Google -> "SM30 custom buttons site:sap.com" is just one example. There is a wiki page about the maintenance view events and other stuff. Just search in Google.

Keep in mind though that maintenance view is just a table control and not ALV. If you need something decent consider an editable ALV instead.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Remark : "editable ALV" is not officially supported by SAP in dynpro technology.

Jelena
Active Contributor

That's true but it hasn't stopped the renegades like Paul Hardy and probably 99% of ABAPers out there. 🙂

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

myself included 🙂

gerrit_meyer4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer Jelena!

I have already checked out how to add a custom button in a maintenance view. Actually, I am looking for a good combination with both benefits of maintenance view and ALV control:

- in a maintenance view, I don't have to take care about the coding of adding/editing/deleting entries

- in an ALV, I have some nice features like sort, excel export etc. without coding it

Kind Regards,

Gerrit

Sorry, I don't think you can have it both ways, unless SAP re-develops SM30 as ALV. And that is unlikely to happen any time soon as they clearly moved on to new shiny toys like Fiori/HANA.