Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database view in SM30

dschiener
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi there,

is it possible to use a database view via SM30 / SM31?

I cannot find any possibility. I don't think that it is possible to create a maintenance view for a database view huh?

Background: In my use case I have to join multiple database tables for viewing.

Best regards,

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

thkolz
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can just use maintenance views in SM30/SM31.

7 REPLIES 7

Tomas_Buryanek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can create Maintenance view (in SE11 or SE54) and that can be used in SM30 afterwards.

Here is relevant ABAP docu:

https://help.sap.com/doc/abapdocu_latest_index_htm/latest/en-US/index.htm?file=abenddic_maintenance_...

-- Tomas --

0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for your response.

Yes I know.

Unfortunately my use case does not support joining multiple tables by a maintenance view...so this won't be an option at the moment.

Conclusion: Via SM30 I cannot use a database view, right?

BR,
Daniel

thkolz
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can just use maintenance views in SM30/SM31.

junwu
Active Contributor

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

Correct. It's not possible. Only table and maintenance views are possible for SM30.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But you can join tables in maintenance views provided that you have correctly defined the foreign keys.

David23
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello dschiener,

I hope this message finds you well.I thinks there is a quick soluction respects your problem.

To access and recover view maintenance, I recommend you do:

1)Please, to access transaction SM30 in SAP

2)Once inside the transacction in SAP, click option "Searh Maintenance Dialog" this is going to do, shearch from the specific maintenance view, that you need to manage or verify.

Best Regards,

Solaliga David