SAP TechEd 2023 Experience..
It was my first SAP TechEd and the experience was truly enriching. Besides gaining insights into the latest trends and technologies in the SAP ecosystem, the sense of community and collaboration I felt at SAP TechEd was amazing. It was an exhilarating technology conference with so many technologists and professionals under one roof.
Along with the valuable learnings and keeping up with the latest developments in SAP technologies, I had the privilege of meeting SAP leadership team, SAP product team, customers and partners. This helped with focussed discussions in my area of work. The icing on the cake was catching up with my former colleagues and friends from college.
The highlight of the event from the word Go was GenAI, SAP showcasing its AI capabilities and sharing impressive advancements they have made in the GenAI space in most of its offerings, to empower developers and business users. SAP shared its focus for the year around Business Technology Platform, infusing GenAI in it.
Few highlights from SAP TechEd that stood out
- Joule – A generative AI assistant which will be embedded in SAP’s cloud-based enterprise applications. It will be available for various business functions, embedded in entire SAP cloud portfolio. Developers and business users can interact with Joule using natural language. SAP aims to make AI a part of everyday work, and Joule is a significant step in that direction. It will be available to customers with SAP SuccessFactors, SAP Start and SAP S/4HANA Public Cloud edition in coming months.
- Edge Integration Cell – A new capability of SAP Integration Suite which will give customers more flexibility and control over integrations and APIs in heterogeneous and distributed environments. Edge Integration Cell balances the need for seamless data connectivity for hybrid deployment and ground-to-ground integration scenarios, keeping sensitive data securely on-premise, addressing both security risks and compliance requirements. We have been part of the beta testing of this feature, look forward to leveraging this capability for our customers in coming days.
- SAP HANA Cloud’s Vector Engine – This new engine will enable customers to perform high-performance vector processing on their data in the cloud, leading to significant performance improvements for analytical workloads. Vector database can give more context and real time company specific data, generating accurate and relevant responses.
- SAP Build Code – A low-code solution which is powered by AI, helps accelerate development and automation with seamless integration with SAP or non-SAP applications. It leverages generative AI in Joule to generate code, create data models, and test data for applications.
- Generative AI Hub – A new hub that will provide developers instant access to a broad range of large language models, enabling them to build more powerful and intelligent applications.
- SAP Analytics Cloud – New features in SAC with faster Lightweight Viewer, getting quicker insights with Just Ask(complementing Joule) for SAP Analytics Cloud enterprise customers.
This interesting blend of AI and SAP will open a realm of possibilities for enhanced productivity.
The lecture sessions and demos esp. around Integration were insightful and captivating. Look forward to incorporating the bag of learnings from SAP TechEd into our digital solutions and applications.
Thanks SAP TechEd, for the experience.