SAP ERP and SAP IBP technical integration using CI-DS.
SAP ERP, supply chain integration add-on for SAP Integrated Business Planning prepares data for the transfer from your SAP ERP system to SAP Integrated Business Planning (IBP).
SAP Cloud Platform Integration for data services (SAP CI-DS) is the main integration tool used for all-time series-based tactical planning in SAP Integrated Business Planning for Supply chain (SAP IBP).
SAP IBP to evaluate SAP’s strategic direction in the planning area. It is, like many other SAP systems, focused on the integration of typically separate systems. In the case of IBP, it seeks to create a seamless integration between supply planning, sales, inventory, and financial processes. SAP IBP is a cloud-based solution offering for clients of SAP an effective way to see what’s going on with their business at glance.
SAP IBP (Cloud solution) – We need to have at least one IBP tenant SAP Integrated Business Planning – Onboarding Guide. IBP is the latest strategic SAP cloud solution for planning, that supports the entire process from demand to supply. IBP has some overlapping functionality with existing SAP APO. However, IBP is not 1:1 replacement to APO. SAP consider IBP and S/4Hana as the replacement for APO.
SAP CI-DS (Cloud solution) – BTP cloud solution – Also known as CPI-DS Cloud Platform Integration for Data Services. CI-DS allows efficient and secure use of ETL tasks to move data between on premise systems and the cloud. CS-DS integration is required for timeseries in addition to the RTI order-based integration based on SAP Cloud Connector. The usage of several integration solutions in IBP is per SAP design and is common when there are ETL and Realtime scenarios.
SAP Data Services Agent – SAP Data Services Agent provides secure connectivity to on-premises systems. This component needs to be installed on customer side.
SAP Enterprise ECC – We must have ECC system running with compatible version of CI-DS, check the PAM document and make ECC system available with respective version. SAP CI-DS PAM
Additionally, we must have installed IBP add-ons in ECC, SAP ERP, Supply Chain Integration Add-On for SAP Integrated Business Planning 1.1
Below diagram depicts the ideal architecture of time series-based integration between SAP ECC and IBP.
- SAP Data Service agent installation & configuration with CI-DS is the predominant task to start the implementation of IBP project Install & Configure SAP Data Services Agent. DS agent is connected to SAP ECC at one end and SAP CI-DS to another. Firewall ports opening need to be implemented with the help of network team (please refer ports as mentioned in above diagram).
- Enable Extractors in SAP ECC system. Extensions for Time-Series-Based Integration.
- Need to create technical user in SAP ECC in order to establish communication between SAP ECC & CI-DS Descriptions for SAP User Authorizations | SAP Help Portal
- You must set up the system infrastructure so that you can transfer data to SAP Integrated Business Planning for Supply Chain (SAP IBP) from SAP ERP Setting Up the System Infrastructure | SAP Help Portal
- Create Datastore for ECC system in CI-DS. SAP Business Suite Applications | SAP Help Portal, use technical user created in step 3 of this document. Furthermore, you can also create load balancing based connectivity. You need to provide details of ECC- ASCS server in CI-DS load balancing.
- As shown in above diagram, we need to establish connectivity between CI-DS and IBP, this connectivity can be established by web socket-based RFC. There are 2 different ways to create this connectivity, using Certificate-Based Authentication & using Password Based Authentication. Please refer respective SAP note 3166596, 3166596.
Conclusion: After performing above steps, you will be having DS agent installed and configured with CI-DS tenant. Furthermore, datastore connections for ECC and IBP will be established and working. Functional team can schedule the tasks in CI-DS tenant to fetch the data.
Reference document :