SAP BTP ABAP Environment – Maintenance Windows and Major Upgrade Windows in 2024
One of the benefits of using SAP BTP ABAP Environment is that updates and upgrades are applied by SAP to the systems in quite a high frequency and close to the corresponding release time.
Find the latest known schedule of Major Upgrade Windows and Weekly Maintenance Windows for 2024 in this blog.
Major Upgrade Windows
As in 2023, the SAP BTP ABAP Environment will have 4 Major Upgrade Windows in 2024. These 24 hours of potential system unavailability are used to upgrade the systems to the next major version.
The events for the Major Upgrade Windows are harmonized between all SAP Cloud Products and scheduled for the following weekends:
- February 17th – 18th (Release 2402) |
- May 18th – 19th (Release 2405) |
- August 17th – 18th (Release 2408) |
- November 16th – 17th (Release 2411) |
Depending on the data center region, the 24 hours downtime will start/end at:
- APJ: FRI 9 pm – SAT 9 pm UTC
- Europe: SAT 4 am – SUN 4 am UTC
- Americas: SAT 10 am – SUN 10 am UTC
The upgrade of the free tier systems takes place on the Thursday before the respective weekend.
Weekly Maintenance Windows
Potentially every weekend, the SAP BTP ABAP Environment could use a downtime of 4 hours, to apply database updates, Hotfix Collections and other changes.
Depending on the data center region, the 4 hours downtime may start at:
- APJ: SAT 3 pm UTC
- Europe: SAT 10 pm UTC
- Americas: SUN 4 am UTC
The update of the free tier systems takes place on the Thursday before the respective weekend.
The following events for the release 2402 are planned as Weekly Maintenance Windows in 2024:
- Hotfix Collection 3 for Release 2402 (only for systems which belong to the pre-upgrade)
February 17th – 18th 2024
- Hotfix Collection 4 for Release 2402
March 2nd – 3rd 2024
- Hotfix Collection 5 for Release 2402
March 16th – 17th 2024
- Hotfix Collection 6 for Release 2402
March 30th – 31st 2024
For more details about the Reduction of Planned Maintenance Windows for HFC Imports and Upgrades see our roadmap.
Cloud System Notification Subscriptions (CSNS)
Please register to Cloud System Notification Subscriptions (CSNS) to get important information about planned and unplanned downtimes:
- Access to Cloud System Notification Subscriptions (CSNS): https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/csns
- More information about Cloud System Notification Subscriptions (CSNS): https://support.sap.com/csns
- Maintenance Windows and Major Upgrade Windows for SAP Cloud Services
- SAP Note 2888562 – Intelligent Enterprise Suite: Harmonized release calendar for SAP Cloud products
- Service Level Agreement for SAP Cloud Services