Part-1: Workflow configuration in SAP Document and Reporting Compliance – Statutory Reporting
In the Document and Reporting Compliance – Statutory Reporting framework, configuring workflow is essential for the internal validation and approval process of Statutory Report Runs before submission to the government.
This series of blog is constituted of 3 parts:
- Introduction of workflow and prerequisite configuration steps
- Creation of team in “Manage Teams and responsibilities” application
- Creation of workflow in “Manage Workflows Statutory Reporting” application
Role Requirements: To perform the admin configurations and receive workflow items in the inbox, users require the following roles:
- SAP_BR_BPC_EXPERT: Required to create a team and configure workflows.
- Any country-specific role (e.g., SAP_BR_GL_ACCOUNTANT_GB): Required to trigger the workflow (send for approval).
- SAP_BR_MANAGER: Required to access the “My Inbox” application.
To enable workflow in the framework, follow these steps:
- Manage Workflow App:
- Use the “Manage Workflows” Fiori application to create workflows with different start conditions, approval levels, and assign responsible teams.
- The application allows for simple end-user configuration of workflows, eliminating the need for separate configuration UIs.
- Maintain Teams and Responsibilities (Unified Responsibility Management) Application:
- Use the “Maintain Teams and Responsibilities” Fiori application to create teams and assign approvers for different responsibilities based on pre-delivered conditions.
- Teams uniquely identify approvers at runtime.
- My Inbox Application:
- Utilize the SAP Fiori – My Inbox application, which serves as a generic inbox for work items.
- My Inbox supports desktop and mobile devices, provides usability features such as sorting and filtering, and allows for forwarding, substitutions, and mass execution of tasks.
Let me show you how workflow looks like when it is configured in Run Statutory report:
First, select the line item and click Send for Approval.
Then, add requester comments and click Send to send for approval.
In case there is no error, user would get a toast message ‘Report is sent for approval’,
The bubbles under column Approval Status would start changing the color.
Blue color states it is pending with Approver.
Once all the level of approval is completed, all the bubble(s) would turn to Green also Update Submission Status will be enabled for end user.
End user can now submit to government.
Let’s start setting up workflow configuration 🙂
Pre-requisites to set up workflow configuration.
1. Team type and category must be maintained.
Follow these steps to create team types:
i) Access SPRO transaction and choose SAP Reference IMG.
ii) Expand Cross-Application Components > General Application Functions > Responsibility Management>Teams and Responsibilities>SAP Delivered Team Categories>Define Team Types
iii) Click on edit button which is at top right corner.
iv) Click on new entries and add team type and select a team category from the F4 search help.
|SRFTT||Advanced Compliance Reporting Team Types|
|Team Category||SRF||Advanced Compliance Reporting|
v) Click on save.
2. Function and function profiles should be maintained.
Follow these steps to create functions and function profiles:
i) Access the SPRO transaction and choose SAP Reference IMG.
ii) Expand Cross-Application Components > General Application Functions > Responsibility Management
iii) To define a function, choose Define Functions from the Functions node.
iv) Choose New Entries and add functions and their descriptions. Add the below entries.
|SRFGLACCT||General Ledger Accountant|
v) From the Functions node, choose Define Function Profile and link all the created functions to the function profile.
vi) Create new Function Profile as mentioned below and save.
|Profile||Function Profile Description|
|SRFFP||Advanced Compliance Reporting Functions|
vii) Double-click to open Function Profile to Function Mapping and map below functions to function profile and save.
|SRFGLACCT||General Ledger Accountant|
viii) Choose Teams and Responsibilities: Map Function Profiles to Standard Team Category.
ix) From the F4 help for the Category field, choose a category, select the Function profile and save.
The function profile is mapped to the selected team category.
3. Workflow scenario must be activated
i) Transaction SM30, enter view name V_SWF_FLEX_SCACT
ii) In case there is no entry available for the workflow WS02000031, click on create new entries like below
The next blog describes the creation of team in “Manage Teams and Responsibilities” application.