Enterprise Portfolio and Project Management in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Private Edition 2023
This blog shares highlights on Enterprise Portfolio and Project Management in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition 2023 in the focus areas
- Modernization of selected compatibility scope items
- Financial Planning and Reporting
- OData APIs
Modernization of selected compatibility scope items
SAP S/4HANA 2023 finalizes the modernization of selected compatibility scope items for Enterprise Portfolio and Project Management. A detailed overview about the compatibility scope of Enterprise Portfolio and Project Management is available in the blog An update on the Compatibility Scope for Enterprise Portfolio and Project Management.
With SAP S/4HANA 2023 the following compatibility scope features have been modernized and become part of the perpetual scope
- Interest Calculation:
the new period locking is supported during actual interest calculation. The period control can now also be defined by Company Code (FI) instead of Controlling Area (CO) for project interest calculation.
- Project Cash Management:
Project Cash Management data can now be read directly from ACDOCA (the table for universal journal entry).
- Status Combination Codes:
the APIs to read Project and Project Network have been extended to include status combination codes to accelerate status-based selection of project objects
- Project Cost Forecast:
the new Fiori app to schedule project forecasting jobs enables users to schedule project cost forecasting directly from Fiori Launchpad
- Workforce Planning:
When assigning employees to network activities, you can now access teams defined in Responsibility Management.
Financial Planning and Reporting
The following enhancements are available in the area of project financials
- Selection of Cost Records for Service Documents in Resource-Related Intercompany Billing
- Portfolio Management – Import of Financial Planning values in ACDOCP from Project/WBS element to portfolio item
- Commercial Project Management – Quick Financial Plan
- Web-based user interface for planning project costs and revenues in commercial projects, available for change management activities
- Ability to initiate the process for transferring finance and controlling information directly from the planning screen
- Enablement of fiscal period–based forecasting
- Enhancement of Read APIs for Project and Network with Status Combination Codes
e additional field Status Combination Code for Project, WBS, Network, Network Activity
- Creation and deletion of master data for project network activity relationship data as well as determination of loops
Also, the replication of responsible person in project controlling object master data has been enhanced by a new Business Add-In (BAdI) which can be used to populate a customer-specific list of responsible persons for project controlling objects (WBS Elements/ Network/ Network Activities and Elements) in the outbound implementation of the Master Data Integration (MDI) ABAP Client.