You are invited! SAP HANA Cloud at TechEd 2023
SAP TechEd has returned! Discover the latest SAP solutions that will not only keep you on the leading edge but also provide the advantage you need to stay one step ahead of the competition.
This year’s SAP TechEd will take place on November 2-3, 2023 and we are thrilled to invite all attendees back to the Garden City, Bangalore.
The event will offer a comprehensive in-person program at BIEC Bangalore alongside an immersive and interactive virtual experience, so make sure to register in advance for the Virtual event or the in-person program in Bangalore, India.
Get ready for an exceptional experience with over 500 sessions, packed with demos and hands-on workshops.
Not quite sure yet? Watch our Lead Product Manager for SAP HANA Cloud, Thomas Hammer, as he shares three reasons why you should join SAP TechEd 2023!
Additionally, we’d like to draw your attention to our sessions led by experts from the SAP HANA Cloud team. They will be available on-site and online, to provide you with valuable insights and knowledge you won’t want to miss.
- SAP HANA Cloud: Recent Innovations, Road Map, and Strategy – DA105v – Thursday Nov 2. 3:30 PM – 4:00 PM CET: Join Joerg Latza VP, SAP HANA Product Management as he dives deep into the latest advancements in SAP HANA Cloud. Explore its most recent features, upcoming roadmap, and strategy.
- Migrating Your On-Premise SAP HANA to SAP HANA Cloud – DA106v – Thursday Nov 2. 6:30 PM – 7:00 PM CET: Don’t miss the opportunity to learn directly from the experts – Roman Belosludtsev (Database Product Management, SAP SE) and Thomas Guenther (KWS Saat). They’ll unveil the remarkable journey of KWS Saat SE & Co. KGaA, a leading producer of high-performance seed varieties, and their successful migration of SAP HANA instances to SAP HANA Cloud.
- Building Intelligent Data Applications with SAP HANA Cloud – DA285v – Friday Nov 3. 10:30 AM – 11:00 AM CET: Product Expert Shabana Samsudheen and Development Architect Markus Fath, will guide us through the initial steps of harnessing the potential of SAP HANA Cloud, with features, such as, multitier storage, semi-structured document storage, spatial and graphical data processing, and machine learning.
- What to Expect When Administering SAP HANA Cloud Instances – DA200v – Friday Nov 3. 6:30 PM – 7:00 PM CET: Product expert, Karl Ruediger, will guide us through an overview of the native tools used to administer and monitor instances of the SAP HANA Cloud database. Examine architectural and functional concepts of SAP HANA Cloud administration tools and SAP HANA database explorer tools and understand their capabilities when operating SAP HANA Cloud deployments. Topics include instance provisioning, database landscape management, security, performance management, and multi-instance operations.
- SAP HANA Cloud: Recent Innovations, Road Map, and Strategy – DA831 – Thursday Nov 2. 12:30 PM – 12:55 PM CET and Friday Nov 3. 11:15 AM – 11:40 AM CET: In this lecture Thomas Hammer, Lead Product Manager for SAP HANA Cloud, and Stefan Baeuerle, Head of SAP Database, will provide the latest insights into SAP HANA Cloud’s cutting-edge advancements. Additionally, we’ll discuss our future roadmap and strategic direction, shedding light on our plans for integrating Generative AI technology into SAP HANA Cloud.
- Application Migration to SAP Cloud Application Programming Model – AD268 – Thursday Nov 2. 03:15 PM – 05:00 PM CET: Learn about the migration of apps based on SAP HANA extended application services to SAP Cloud Application Programming Model and SAP HANA Cloud as a database.
- Building an Intelligent Data App with SAP HANA Cloud – DA209 – Friday Nov 3. 10:15 AM – 11:00 AM CET: In this session, we will explore the multi-model capabilities of SAP HANA Cloud, with a particular focus on building an Intelligent Data App with SAP HANA Cloud.
- Boost the Intelligence of Business Applications with SAP HANA Cloud – DA208 – Thursday Nov 2. 04:00 PM – 04:45 PM CET: SAP HANA Cloud is delivering the foundation for intelligent data applications. Learn from Thomas Hammer, Lead Product Manager for SAP HANA Cloud, and Stefan Baeuerle, Head of SAP Database, how you can easily build such using the powerful tools and explore SAP’s plans to expand the multi-model and AI capabilities of SAP HANA Cloud to better support customers, partners, and SAP engineering teams.
- SAP HANA Cloud: An administrator’s perspective – Friday Nov 3. 12:15 PM – 02:00 PM CET: Join Volker Saggau, Product Expert for SAP HANA Cloud, to understand the end-to-end picture of operations required for running the SAP HANA Cloud database, using the Web-based tools SAP HANA Cloud database central and SAP HANA database explorer.
- Development on SAP HANA Cloud – DA263 – Friday Nov 3. 04:15 PM – 06:00 PM CET: Understand SAP’s strategy going forward for cloud development with the SAP HANA deployment infrastructure and learn how it plays together with schema evolution, rights management, SAP Cloud Application Programming Mode, SAP HANA Cloud tenants, and SAP Business Technology Platform.
- Learn how to Develop Intelligent Data Applications with SAP HANA Cloud – Friday Nov 3. 01:00 PM – 02:30 PM CET: This session offers real-time insights into the process of constructing an Intelligent Data App using SAP HANA Cloud.
- Migrate Applications Based on SAP HANA Extended Application Services – DA1025 – Friday Nov 3. 11:00 PM – 11:45 PM CET: Get hands-on experience in migrating an SAP HANA extended application services application running on Cloud Fountry and the SAP HANA service for SAP BTP to SAP HANA Cloud. See how SAP Cloud Application Programming Model can streamline the process.
- On-the-Fly Intelligence Using SAP HANA Cloud – DA210 – Friday Nov 03. 01:30 PM – 01:55 PM CET: Getting the credit information of a vendor before doing business is useful in compliance and reduces manual work. See how SAP HANA Cloud can process large volumes of data in real time, providing immediate insight into the financial status of vendors.
- SAP HANA Cloud Migration at HMEL – DA123 – Thursday Nov 2. 2:00 PM – 2:25 PM CET: Hear how HPCL-Mittal Energy Limited (HMEL), a leading petroleum and petrochemical company, modified and migrated its SAP applications and services from a Neo environment to a Cloud Foundry landscape. Understand how the company also integrated a new Identity Authentication service tenant to provision internal users.
- Empower Decision-Making with Unified SAP Data and Analytics Solutions. – ST110 – Friday Nov 3. 12:00 PM – 12:45 PM CET: In today’s high-speed business environment, organizations face a multitude of challenges in managing and harmonizing vast amounts of data from diverse sources to make confident business decisions.
- Discover One Development Platform for Both On-Premise and Cloud Landscapes. – DA1026 – Thursday Nov 2. 03:30 PM – 05:00 PM CET: Build and extend SAP solutions in on-premise and cloud environments by integrating SAP Business Application Studio with SAP HANA extended application services.
- SAP HANA Spatial Capabilities and Open Source: Connecting the Dots. – CT110 – Friday Nov 3. 01:00 PM – 01:40 PM CET: SAP customers collect and analyze huge volumes of data about everything, from products and customers, to assets, operations, and transactions. More and more, data is becoming location aware, introducing the need to combine business data with geographical data. Understanding spatial data and algorithms is becoming a key skill for developers. Explore the fascinating world of geospatial data and how SAP HANA Cloud can unlock its potential.
- Take a Self-Service Approach to SAP HANA Cloud Migration. – DA1020 – Friday Nov 3. 02:30 PM – 04:00 PM CET: Learn how the self-service migration assistant tool works and how easy it is to move an existing instance of SAP HANA 2.0 to SAP HANA Cloud.
- Get to know the hana-cli Tool. – CT101- Friday Nov 3. 05:00 PM – 05:20 PM CET: Learn more about the SAP HANA command line tool (hana-cli), which assists developers and admin helpers who are working with SAP HANA, SAP Cloud Application Programming Model, or even SAP Business Technology Platform in general.
- Accelerate Data to Value with Unified Data and Analytics Solutions from SAP. – UT103 – All day: Utilize Sap HANA, data warehousing, and analytics to maximize data value, gain trusted insights and expand analysis.
- Boost the Intelligence of Business Applications with SAP HANA Cloud. – DA208 – Thursday Nov. 2 -04:00 PM – 04:45 PM CET: Explore SAP’s plans to expand the multimodal and AI capabilities of SAP HANA Cloud to better support customers, partners, and SAP engineering teams.
- Supercharge your ETL Pipelines with a Data Lakehouse. – DA558 – Friday Nov 3. 10:00 PM – 10:45 PM CET: The extract, transform and load (ETL) process for large enterprises tends to have a variety of data sources, from streaming cloud objects to relational databases in different formats including unstructured, semistructured, and structured data. To get value out of this information, enterprises need to bring together a multitude of open source and third-part tools, which can result in data quality issues. Learn how to overcome these challenges using a data lakehouse.
- Explore new Self-Service features of SAP HANA Cloud, Data Lake with SAP BTP. – DA1010 – Friday Nov 3. 10:00 PM – 11:30 PM CET: The data lek component of SAP HANA Cloud features three new capabilities on SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP). Learn about near-zero downtime upgrades with read availability and database consistency, diagnostics and monitoring, and the new restore capability.
Don’t miss out on these and other sessions that you will find in the catalog!
Do you want to learn even more? Visit the official event website here.