SAP BW/4HANA & BOBJ Dashboard Reporting (Blog 2)
The objective of this blog series is to detail the development of solution architecture and technical design specifications of SAP ECC staging Datasources (Blog1) for reports in SAP BW/4HANA & SAP BOBJ dashboard reporting (Blog2) and development of a standalone in SAP Business Intelligence/SAP BusinessObjects. The Dashboard reporting uses the SAP BusinessObjects BI (SAP BOBJ). which is a centralized suite of reporting and analytics tools for business intelligence (BI) platforms. SAP BOBJ consists of several reporting applications that allow users to discover data, perform analysis to derive insights and create reports that visualize the insights through Dashboards. The following topics are covered in this blog series.
- SAP ECC staging Datasources for reports: Solution Architecture & Design (Blog1) https://blogs.sap.com/2023/10/28/sap-bw-4hana-bobj-dashboard-reporting/
- Dashboard reporting: SAP BW/4HANA and SAP BusinessObjects Analysis for OLAP & Businessobjects WEBI Dashboards (Blog2)
The existing reports in SAP ECC, which need to be designed and viewed/queried from SAP ECC to SAP BW/4HANA and SAP BOBJ reporting tools. The main objective is to facilitate user self-service, to allow the users to generate their own reports in future as the requirements change.
Example: Active Bays Report (ECC)
Key Dimensional Attributes:
- Time – Fiscal Year; Fiscal Quarter and Fiscal Period
- Geography – Area, district, ward, sub council
Filters Input Controls:
- Sub council
- Date range
KPIs measures to include:
- Number and Percentage of Active Bays per area, suburb, district and sub-council.
- Number and Percentage of Active Bays
- Comparisons of active bays using Areas, suburbs
- Comparisons of active bays using Date ranges/fiscal year
1.3 DESIGN (B/W4HANA Modelling)
BW/4HANA Modelling -Custom Datasources (Transaction & Master data)
BW/4HANA Modelling -Custom Datasources (ODP) (Transaction & Master data)
BW/4HANA Modelling -Infoobjects ( key Figures & Characteristics)
1.4 DESIGN (SAP Businessobjects Analysis for OLAP)
SAP BusinessObjects Analysis, edition for OLAP is a powerful, web-based OLAP analysis tool that can help to gain insight into business data and make intelligent decisions that impact corporate performance.
1.5 DESIGN (BOBJ WEBI Dashboards)