SAP Partner Live Makes a Clear Case for Cloud
The October 24 episode of SAP Partner Live featured SAP experts and executives who stressed that SAP customers’ future, survival, and success hinge on leveraging the power of cloud solutions to innovate and optimize business outcomes. Key takeaways from the virtual event – which shined a light on SAP’s “Case for Cloud” initiative – highlighted why SAP is taking this direction, the impact it will have on partner businesses, and the role that becoming a trusted advisor plays in customer and partner success with cloud solutions.
Why SAP Is Making the Case for Cloud
Scott Russell, SAP Executive Board member, pointed out that the current business climate is much more challenging with prolonged uncertainty and volatility than in recent history. The pace of innovation has also accelerated, particularly in the area of business AI. Moving to the cloud is the first step to taking advantage of the transformative power of this and other advanced technologies.
He said, however, that different businesses and enterprises are at various stages of their migration to the cloud, so they need SAP partners’ guidance and expertise to choose the solutions that will deliver the most value wherever they are on that journey. For example, for businesses ready to leverage the cloud, the newly announced premium plus package for RISE with SAP delivers the AI, sustainability, and finance solutions needed to succeed. For companies still transitioning to the cloud, partners can leverage their expertise to create other solutions backed with SAP support.
Karl Fahrbach, SAP’s Chief Partner Officer, explained that even though the advantages of the cloud are apparent, customers still need SAP partners to explain how cloud solutions will address their unique pain points and help them navigate the shifting economic environment. Partners must also keep customers apprised of changes within the SAP landscape, such as the sunsetting of certain solutions and new innovations on which they can capitalize – like the upcoming release of Joule.
A Growth Trajectory for Partners
Fahrbach also explained that the benefits of the cloud aren’t only for customers. It’s also a path to business growth for partners. SAP’s Q3 earnings included a 23% increase in cloud revenue growth, confirming the demand for these solutions. Additionally, partners can capitalize on the services opportunity the install base represents over the next 3-5 years. Partners can provide migration services, business process analysis, and improvement services by leveraging SAP Signavio, deliver clean core and edge innovation with SAP Business Technology Platform, and win contracts for ongoing post-implementation services. Partners can also develop monetizable intellectual property (IP) for specific use cases in their target industries.
In addition to opportunities for business growth, partners will benefit through deeper collaboration with SAP throughout the Customer Value Journey, as well as greater opportunity for AI co-innovation.
The Formula for Success
The episode also outlined the steps partners can follow to achieve greater success with cloud solutions:
- Start with a solid foundation of RISE with SAP or GROW with SAP. As a part of SAP’s Case for Cloud initiative, RISE with SAP will always deliver the latest SAP innovations.
- Realize that not all customers need the premium plus package for RISE with SAP, but know that it is an upsell opportunity for those interested in AI with sustainability and advanced financial solutions.
- Accelerate AI adoption to create business value, including putting generative AI to work across lines of business and industries.
- Establish yourself as a trusted advisor throughout the Customer Value Journey, demonstrating the benefits of your partnership and the solutions you provide at each stage of your customer’s business transformation.
- Help your customers develop strategies to transform new areas like human experience management (HXM) and customer experience (CX), creating more opportunities for your business.
For more on the Case for Cloud and a preview of new partner opportunities in 2024, visit the SAP Partner Live website to watch the replay of this episode and access additional resources.