Setting Up the Regulatory Content Service for Product Compliance
Last week, Listed Substance Content became available for the newest on-premise release of SAP S/4HANA for product compliance, SAP EHS Management: Product and REACH Compliance as well as Health & Safety and Environment Management for SAP Environment, Health and Safety Management.
SAP S/4HANA for product compliance and Environment, Health, and Safety Management enables processes embedded into core business processes. Supporting product marketability, chemical compliance, dangerous goods management, safety data sheets (SDS) and label management, SDS authoring services, as well as incident management, health and safety management, and environmental management.
Companies must comply with many regulations (laws, industry standards and company standards). SAP S/4HANA allows you to manage compliance requirements and apply them to product, material, and ingredient information. With SAP S/4HANA we deliver compliance requirements (legal aspects), as well as suitable data content, and help customers to apply these compliance requirements to their portfolio.
With the Regulatory Content Service, customers can decouple the delivery of this regulatory content from the delivery of SAP S/4HANA. This is needed to deliver new and updated regulations fast and on time. SAP S/4HANA connects to the regulatory content service to immediately retrieve the latest regulatory content without the need to update to a newer software version or feature pack.
Required and Recommended Action for Listed Substance Content
- Find out whether you have customer specific implementations in place which access the following tables: EHFNDI_LSCOND, EHFNDI_LSCOND_T, EHFNDI_LISU_RT, EHFNDI_LISU_NAME, EHFNDI_LISU_GRPR
- Adapt access to the tables in customer specific implementations as follows:
- Replace access to EHFNDI_LSCOND and EHFNDI_LSCOND_T with access to EHFNDD_LSCOND
- Replace access to EHFNDI_LISU_RT with access to EHFNDD_LISU_RT
- Replace access to EHFNDI_LISU_NAME with access to EHFNDD_LISU_NAME
- Replace access to EHFNDI_LISU_GRPR with access to EHFNDD_LISU_GRPR
- Plan background job SAP_EHFND_PC_CONTENT_LOAD as described in the corresponding customizing activities:
- SAP S/4HANA for product compliance: Product Compliance -> Foundation for Product Compliance -> Product Compliance Background Processing -> Activation of Scope-Dependent Background Job Definitions OR Schedule Jobs for Product Compliance Background Processing
- SAP EHS Management: Product and REACH Compliance: Product Safety and Stewardship -> Product Compliance for Discrete Industries -> Integration -> Listed Substance Content Integration -> Specify Jobs for Listed Substance Content Integration
- SAP Environment, Health, and Safety Management: Environment, Health and Safety -> Foundation for EHS -> Integration -> Listed Substance Content Integration -> Specify Jobs for Listed Substance Content Integration
For more information and configuration details for Listed Substance Content, see the SAP Note 3344198.
Please note that for this to work, you need to have completed the Regulatory Content Service setup as described in the SAP Note 3055767.
A final note, the Regulatory Content Service is only available for S/4HANA, not for classic functionality.