Charting New Skies: The Impact of Artificial Intelligence on Aviation Product Lifecycle Management
AI is demonstrating considerable potential as a groundbreaking cornerstone of PLM. One such example comes from the partnership between Siemens and Microsoft, who are working to launch the Teamcenter app for Microsoft Teams, powered by Azure OpenAI Service. This alliance aims to take PLM to new altitudes, streamlining tasks, enhancing decision-making, and making the technology accessible to all individuals involved in a product’s lifecycle.
5 Ways AI Can Elevate PLM:
- Requirements Management and Traceability: AI can revolutionize requirement management by processing vast sets of complex information rapidly, automating validation tools than ever before in PLM software.
- Reuse of Data in Virtual Assistance: In the aviation industry where data reusability is crucial, AI can recognize parts and data reused in new projects, saving time and cutting costs. Further, AI can bolster human interaction in customer support, planning meetings, task organization, and approvals.
- AI-Powered User Experience: AI brings substantial innovation in UI/UX enhancement. It aids in simplifying and optimizing the user interface of PLM systems through solutions such as speech recognition and other dynamic techniques that boost efficiency and simplify the user experience.
- Predictive Modelling and Data Sources: AI’s predictive modelling abilities play a crucial role in improving decision-making processes. AI analyzes various data types and takes a holistic approach that provides a more comprehensive view of the product lifecycle, smoothing the path for optimization and process streamlining within the aviation industry.
- Generative AI in Technical Specifications: Generative AI holds promise in automating the creation of technical specifications or “Tech Packs.” The goal here is for AI to provide 80% of primary data automatically, with creators, developers, and value-chain partners progressively adding the remaining 20% with each new process decision.
AI’s Role in Aeronautical Design:
In the aviation sector, AI can collect, analyze, and compare data swiftly and efficiently. For instance, AI can forecast trends that impact design and other processes, presenting aerodynamic features based on in-depth market analysis results.
AI’s Potential in the Aviation industry:
AI’s influence in aviation PLM is growing as it helps brands understand their product lifecycles better. From analyzing past production patterns to predicting upcoming design trends, AI optimizes product categories and identifies new opportunities based on existing data.
Predictive modelling utilized in aviation design can drive tech pack construction in the PLM process, significantly reducing non-value-added time. The automation of this crucial component in PLM could lead to substantial time savings and enhanced profitability, freeing aviation engineers to focus on innovation and creativity.
The integration of AI into PLM strategies promises to bring an array of benefits, from enhancing decision-making capabilities to transforming complex PLM processes into simpler, more manageable ones.
As aviation industries delve into an AI-powered future, a cautious and data-secure approach is essential. When implemented appropriately, AI has the potential not only to streamline workflows but also to enable a truly augmented workforce, capable of innovative problem-solving and collaboration across all stages of product lifecycles within the aviation sector. Brands that harness this potential today are those set to pioneer the future of the aviation industry.
Further recommended reading on this matter: