SAP Fiori App Development with RAP and SAP BTP Tools – Expert-guided Implementation
Technical content owner: Joshua Lieghio
Do you want to know how to develop an SAP RAP CDS view based OData service and consume this information in a Fiori element based SAP Fiori App?
Whether you want to start from scratch or leverage pre-existing business logic, the ABAP RESTful Application Programming (RAP) approach offers a new programming approach for ABAP development.
This Expert-guided Implementation was created to give you an overview on how to develop and deploy OData services using SAPs recommended best practices and then consume these created OData services with SAP Fiori and SAPUI5 custom applications.
What is an Expert-guided Implementation (EGI)?
An EGI is a remote training session delivered virtually over a number of days provided by the SAP Enterprise Support Academy.
When should I attend this session?
Customers usually attend this EGI during either the Realize, Deploy, or Run phase of their SAP S/4HANA project.
This EGI session is designed for customers who are looking to develop OData services and consume these services using SAP Fiori and SAPUI5.
Before you can access the registration links, a one-time registration in SAP Learning Hub, edition for SAP Enterprise Support, is required.
A detailed step-by step guide to registration can be found here.
What topics will be covered?
A summary of the contents is listed below. For the full schedule see the abstract listed
Day 1 Major Topics
- Introduction to OData
- Introduction to the Restful Application Programming (RAP) Model using CDS views and ABAP Development
Day 2 Major Topics
- Introduction to Fiori and Fiori Elements
- Further insight into OData and OData querying
- Developing a List Report and Object page using Fiori Floorplans
Day 3 Major Topics
- Overview of the Business Technology Platform and SAP Business Application Studio
- Using the Business Application Studio to develop a frontend application on top of OData services in the Cloud and OnPremise
- Connection your OnPremise system to the Cloud Foundry in SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP Cloud Connector)
Day 4 Major Topics
- Overview of deployment of Fiori/SAPUI5 applications
- Deploying your application to SAP BTP, SAP OnPremise
- Integration with SAP Build Work Zone
What are the key benefits of attending this EGI?
At the end of this Expert Guided Implementation you will have the knowledge to develop UI5 applications and OData services using the ABAP Environment ADT and SAP Business Application Studio.
Further information on Expert-guided Implementations to support your SAP S/4HANA journey.
For a list of SAP S/4HANA related Expert-guided Implementations see blog: Expert-Guided Implementation (EGI) – The practical training option
For SAP S/4HANA related Expert-guided Implementations and other topics view the full portfolio here > Complete Portfolio
You’ll find much more in the relevant value maps, see blog: SAP S/4HANA: Let’s Get Moving with SAP Enterprise Support Value Maps
Before you can access the Value Maps or the EGI registration links, a one-time registration in SAP Learning Hub, edition for SAP Enterprise Support, is required. A detailed step-by step guide to registration can be found here.
If you have any further questions or comments on the contents of this EGI, please feel free to post them in the section below and I hope to see you soon in one of our SAP Fiori App Development with RAP and SAP BTP Tools EGIs!