SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA – Foundational SAP Notes for SAP S/4HANA 2023
- Added link to ABAP Platform for SAP S/4HANA 2023
This blog post lists the main SAP Fiori notes for SAP S/4HANA 2023.
This collection is provided as an aid to those customers installing or upgrading to SAP S/4HANA 2023 Cloud, private edition or SAP S/4HANA 2023 On-Premise.
Information is current for the initial shipment stack of SAP S/4HANA 2023.
You can find additional information on the major changes for SAP Fiori in SAP S/4HANA 2023 in blog posts:
You can find additional information on the major changes for SAP Fiori Frontend Server in blog post:
IMPORTANT: Especially please note the statements in the above blog post around Strategy and future direction for SAP Fiori front-end server. Especially:
SAP FES 2023 is planned to be the last SAP Fiori front-end server version which can be used as a hub or standalone server.
You can find additional information on the major changes for the ABAP Platform in blog post:
Key release facts for SAP S/4HANA 2023 Initial Shipment Stack
|SAP FES FOR SAP S/4HANA||2023|
|SAP FIORI FOR SAP S/4HANA||2023|
|Unified Rendering||2209 or higher|
1.114 – Innovation version of SAPUI5 for FES 2023 SP00
1.120 – The long term maintenance version is typically released with FES 2023 SP01 the stable version SAPUI5 1.120 is included, which will be a long–term maintenance version aligned with the maintenance period of SAP S/4HANA 2023 ). Refer to SAP Fiori deployment options and SAP Fiori front-end server strategy – UPDATE 2023
Customers on FES 2023 SP00 should consider patching up as soon as possible (preferably before go-live).
- As usual with the Initial Shipment Stack, the initial SAPUI5 version is *not* the long term maintenance (LTM) version for SAP S/4HANA 2023. You should plan to upgrade your FES to the long-term maintenance release (e.g. by upgrading to SP01) when it is released (expected Q1 2024). Refer to 3005190 – Maintenance for SAPUI5 Innovation Version in “User Interface Technology” (SAP_UI)
- You can find more on which apps and UIs are deprecated in the What’s New Viewer for SAP S/4HANA by select Type = deleted, deprecated.
- You can find major tool changes are deleted or deprecated in the What’s New Viewer for SAP S/4HANA by selecting Type = deprecated, must know deprecated
- You should also note the incompatible changes in 3280679 – Incompatible ABAP changes from Release 7.57 to 7.58
- 3383515 – From SAP_GWFND 758 version – OData V2 Services created will no longer require service specific ICF node for runtime operation.
Hint: The new apps available are expected to be visible in the SAP Fiori apps library in the next few days. The library is regularly updated every couple of weeks.
SAP Help Documentation guides for SAP Fiori on SAP S/4HANA
Central SAP Notes for all releases of SAP Fiori on SAP S/4HANA
Main SAP Notes for SAP Fiori on SAP S/4HANA 2023
BAP Platform 2023 – Restrictions (note pending) SAP S/4HANA 2023 FPS0: Performance Restrictions (note pending)
Browser Support Details:
Spaces and Pages are available since SAP S/4HANA 2020. The journey continues with 2021 and higher releases:
Themes in UI Technologies supported by SAP Fiori launchpad:
User Assistance settings:
Main SAP Notes for SAP Fiori Frontend Server 2023 for SAP S/4HANA
IMPORTANT: Once you have installed or upgraded to SAP S/4HANA 2023, you should immediately check and patch up your minor versions for all UI technologies. That is you should patch up your minor versions for:
- SAPUI5 version – for Fiori launchpad and SAP Fiori apps
- Kernel version – for SAP GUI for HTML and SAP GUI for Windows
- Unified Rendering version – for SAP GUI for HTML and ABAP Web Dynpro applications
Patching for SAPUI5
Find the current minor patch levels and where to find the patch by checking the SAP Note 3155948 – ABAP SAPUI5 patch version update.
You can find a short FAQ list on the patching process in SAP Note 2346367 – How to upgrade the SAPUI5 library in ABAP
The changes implemented by the patch are described in the UI5 Change Log – go to https://ui5.sap.com/#/releasenotes.html and select release 1.114
Patching for Kernel
Find the current minor patch levels by checking the SAP Note 2083594 – SAP Kernel Versions and SAP Kernel Patch Levels. This includes the link to the latest patch note in the format: SAP Kernel <major version> Patch Level <patch level number>
Patching for Unified Rendering
Find the current minor patch levels by checking the SAP Notes:
For Web Dynpro for ABAP – SAP Note 2090746 – WD ABAP: Unified Rendering Update with TCI – Instructions and Related SAP Notes
Check the Solution section for your SAP_UI component version and the associate UR version and its SAP Note.
For SAP GUI for HTML – SAP Note 2504011 – SAP GUI for HTML: Unified Rendering Update – Instructions and Forecasts
You can find more information in SAP Note 2500800 – Cumulative patches for Unified Rendering
Add-ons and software components with SAP Fiori apps or features
Notable changes in Catalogs, Groups, and Spaces
Notable restrictions in Apps and UIs
IMPORTANT: To find out the obsolete, deprecated, and superseded SAP Fiori apps, GUI transactions, Web Dynpro apps, and Web Client UIs, please use the Fiori Upgrade Impact Analysis on the SAP Fiori apps reference library
Additional Notes for Upgrading to SAP S/4HANA 2023
For other user experience changes refer to:
Updating Rapid Activation and other tools
For Rapid Content Activation:
For SAP GUI for HTML (WebGUI):
For SAP Screen Personas:
Becoming a SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA guru
You’ll find much more on the community topic page for SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA
Other helpful links in the SAP Community:
- Follow our tag SAP S/4HANA RIG for more from the SAP S/4HANA Customer Care and RIG
- See all questions and answers about SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA
- Follow SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA for more blogs and updates
- Ask a Question about SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA
Brought to you by the SAP S/4HANA Customer Care and RIG.