How to change/delete records in new table in SAP bw4hana using debug mode
How to change/delete records in new table in SAP bw4hana using debug mode:
DTP Activation step Failed due to Error records in DSO:
1)Open DSO using RSMNG tcode:
2) Display Error message in DTP. It is failing due to Info object filed 0ACDOCTXT contains invalid characteristics for some records as shown in below snapshot:
4) Enter failed REQUEST NUMBER, DATAPAKID AND RECORD and Click on Execute icon.
5) Select the Record and Click on Display mode as in below snapshot.
6) Identify the error field (I.e ACDOCTXT contains invalid as “EDUCATION#ALLOWANCE 1ST Q#2023”. We have to remove “ # ” symbol by edit mode.
6) Type /h and hit ‘Enter’ and Make sure the debugging mode is
7) Hit ‘Enter’ again
8) Get the next debug screen. Double click on word code and get the ‘Variables1’ tab populated
9) Now, Click on Pencil to get the Edit mode:
10) Now type the ‘magic word’ what you need.
for edition it is EDIT
for deletion it is DELE
(some other parameters also exist)
we are currently doing EDIT (and going to change the record):
11) Hit Enter and F8 :
12) And system will open the record. Fix/Edit it and hit Save :
13) If you need to delete the record please use the code DELE instead of EDIT (I have taken another record for that) and hit F8:
14) system offers to delete record – confirm it:
Now refresh your table contents and make sure the changes/deletions have been done.
Nothing special, just some technical tricks. You can talk to ABAPer to clarify that.
The debug mode is your own risk. You can damage data or even lost it.
Uday Kiran Munnangi.