SAP System Alerts integration with Microsoft Teams from SAP Cloud ALM
World is changing so rapidly and we wanted everything in our fingertips,
With the help of this blog, I will take you a glance with the integration of SAP System critical alerts in Microsoft Teams from the SAP Cloud ALM so that I will help to ease our employees track our SAP Systems critical alert on fingertips without checking in outlook mails or without logging into the SAP systems and also will enhance the quick ideas as productivity booster.
What we will achieve as Outcome of the blogs , We will get the Alert for failed jobs and expired ABAP License . We can also define many more alerts as required to track and BTP on MS Teams
|1. BTP On Teams||2. Job Failure Alert on MS Teams|
Required steps for the preparation and execution are as follows:
Step 1. We will require the azure portal account for setting up SSO with Azure portal and BTP subaccount for exchanging the metadata.
- Download the SAML metadata for SAP BTP subaccount and upload it in the Azure SAP Cloud Platform application as bellow:
- Check the Reply URL (Assertion Consumer Service URL) and Put the same value till *.com in the Sign on URL :
- Now download the Federation Metadata XML from the Azure Portal :
- Create the new trust configuration in SAP BTP Subaccount and upload the downloaded Federation Metadata from Token signing certificate:
Step 2 : Incoming Webhook Application in the Microsoft Teams :
- Now we need the BTP ALM subaccount access for the setting up Destination for incoming webhook in the target channel to allow external content sharing with Teams channels.
- Copy and Save the Incoming Webhook Connector URL . The Connector URL we will mentioning in the destination in BTP ALM Subaccount:
Step3 : BTP Destination Creation :
- Create the user with role “Connectivity and Destination Administrator” in the BTP ALM Subaccount
- Create the Destination the in the BTP Subaccount:
Step 4 : SAP Cloud ALM configuration :
- For generating the events on cloud ALM External API Management tool for the SAP Systems to Teams , it will require to setting up the Webhook .
Here, we will be creating the Webhook with the destination source as BTP Destination, Destination id as Destination name from the steps 4 and External Resource type as Chat.
- From the Dependencies tab we will be selecting the subscriptions and defining the parameter of webhook and Mapping as below:
Step 5: Event Generation in Cloud ALM for SAP Service –
- We have to configuration some sap system in the landscape management.
- Open Job & Automation Monitoring application in ALM and enable the alert for the failed job with the path “SAP System for example PEO.100 client > Configuration of Services/System > Select the Event > Send Chat Notification” . Enable the radio button and select the Subscription Name that we have defined in step4.
Step 6 : Once the job or ABAP License fail the alert on MS Teams will appear as below :
|ABAP License Alert on MS Teams||Job Failure Alert on MS Teams|
Additional Links to read and follow for more such content :