Data Democratization with SAP
Before we start let’s understand “What is Democracy? In simple words, as you know Democracy is government of the people, by the people and for the people. If we further explain it in simple words as “the action of making something accessible to everyone”.
Now we combined it with “Data” with “Democratization” then we simply say it is the process of making data available to everyone and there will no barrier that create any restriction to access the required data/information.
So this means encouraging every people to access and use data for informed decision-making without requiring IT technical expertise.
Benefits of Data Democratization –
Major Challenges with Data Democratization across organizations are –
- Data Silos – Data stored in disparate applications so very difficult to access.
- Controlled access to Data – Controlling access to data is essential from governance point to view but only limited people have access to data it also creates complexity.
Incompetent tools – Many analytical tools not designed for self-service analytics. Limited people access to analytics tools, other has dependency with IT technical team.
If organizations do not address these problems, it badly hampers an organization’s agility and innovation quotient.
SAP is supporting Data Democratization by providing different tools and platform. These tools are empowering employee/user by making data easily accessible so that they can make better decisions without any IT technical team dependency.
Below are SAP tools those offer data democratization –
- SAP Analytics Cloud – This is clouds-based platform offer Self-service analytics, data insights (using visualization) along with business intelligence capabilities. This platform offer user to create interactive visualization, ad-hoc analysis which will helpful them to take better decision.
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence (BI) Suite: Under this suite SAP offers set of tools which are used for enterprise reporting, ad-hoc reporting. Universe Designer tools also popular one among them from which user create their own data model as per business need and shared with their team for further analysis.
- SAP Lumira: This tool typically offers self-service analytics to user this tool is very intuitive in terms of different analysis. It also enables data discovery to user without much understanding of underlying data model or complexity.
- SAP Data Warehouse Cloud: This is cloud based data warehousing solution provide data modeling, integration along with visualization. This tools also enable user to combine data from different sources and create integrated data view.
- SAP Data Intelligence Cloud: This is comprehensive data management solution provides Data Integration, Data Management & Data Processing as complete solution. Using this solution user can discover and connect to any data anywhere, anytime.
- SAP Data Services: SAP Data services is data integration and transformation tool. It can consolidate data from different sources, clean it, transform it and load into data sources for further reporting.
- BW/4 HANA: This is SAP’s next generation data warehouse solution which provide all capabilities like data integration, data warehousing and analytics.
- SAP Mobile Start (App): SAP Mobile Start enables you to make informed and timely decisions and increases your productivity, anytime and anywhere. User can access your important business information, apps, and processes through an intuitive user interface.